however if you ask my landlord she will tell you it is not infested. i think catching 11 mice is a infestation. LL got exterminator to come in and put bait down in my buildings basement. not working. this was a week ago. still catching mice. they are now crawling in and out of the top of my stove. is there anything we can do? legally i mean. this is AWFUL AND DISGUSTING
MissThang420 MissThang420 18-21, F 15 Answers Aug 11, 2009

Call your local Health Department. <br />
If you apartment is invaded with mice, your health department will investigate the situation and then charge your landlord a fee and provide the landlord with their options and date to comply. Those mice will be taken care of in a much better and more timely fashion!!<br />
Good Luck

Best Answer

Seriously: get a cat. <br />
The city center of Utrecht, Holland was infested with rats a couple of years ago. Everybody got a cat and the infestation was over. <br />
If you get one: feed him to little, give loads of exercise and do hunting games.

Best Answer

I have mice everywhere except upstairs where we baracade me and my three children everynight im scared to death of them and my managers are treating them like its the norm. They keep telling me i have to pay but why should i they Didnt disclose it in the lease ive onlu been here a month

Best Answer

yes I had the same problem with mice and awful management: middlebranchmanor.blogspot.com (please sign my petition) first you will have to see what your state says you should do as far as dealing with this problem in my state, MD, I wouldn've had to call the city inspector and write a official letter to the land lord, contact your mayors office and go from there

Best Answer

I can tell you that I just moved out of a place that was infested w/mice. They had exterminators come out but they mate so fast and then we put poison out. Then they would be stuck in the cabinets and in the walls and they would die and the smell was horrible. The traps are terrible because they get their feet stuck and one time one ate its own foot off to get loose and their was blood all over my kitchen floor. We would sleep and hear them fighting in the vents. Finally we moved. Now we have been complaining to the housing authorities and so on for you years and I am wondering how much they can hold us liable for. the mice have eaten holes in the cabinets and so on. Listen you need to move. The feces of rats and mice is very toxic. We moved because we were getting so sick all the time. Since we have moved we are all feeling way better.

Best Answer

get a large tom cat and lock it up in the house w no food... buy mouse poison. big green waterproof food blocks that kill them... rat traps... sticky pads for mice... sit on the floor w a bee bee gun. they make great target practice... hire a professional exterminator... CLEAN UR F****** HOUSE!!!

Best Answer

put some traps...

Best Answer

4 years ago....me, my husband and daughter moved into this apartment what our landlord didn't tell us is our apartment is infested with mice when we complained to him he told us it isn't our problem you need to call an exterminator so we ended up buying those sticky rat traps we placed them all around our apartment it seemed to work greatly for us

Best Answer

THESE ARE ALL GOOD SUGGESTIONS. I WOULD LIKE TO ADD: PUTTING THE DEAD MICE IN A BOX AND PRESENT IT TO YOUR LANDLORD. HOUSING LAWS ARE THAT IF YOU DISCONTINUE PAYING RENT YOU HAVE NO RIGHTS. THIS IS A BUMMER I HAVE TO ADMIT BUT, FACTUAL.<br />
PERHAPS THE DEAD MICE WILL GET THE LANDLORD OFF THEIR BUTT.<br />
*BE SURE TO DOCUMENT EVERYTHING: EVERY CONVERSATION, EVERY MOUSE YOU CATCH/KILL, SEE, WHO YOU HAVE TALK TO ABOUT THE SITUATION (AGENCIES...) SUCH AS HEALTH BOARD, ETC. DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!!!!

Best Answer

Call the board of health in your city. Tell them that your landlord is not complying with a health hazard. In the mean time get a cat.

Best Answer

Get some poison that has warfarin in it. The mice will begin to bleed internally, which will make them want water. They will go to a location that they can find water. Just make sure its not under your cabinet. Because they die from internal bleeding, there is little smell.<br />
Put the poison in places that would be impossible for any kids to get to it. "Farm" stores sell the good stuff. Try some of the poison peanuts - they will tear a bigger hole in the container just to get to them. You should also try to put the poison around the building in as many places as possible. Again, being cautious for any place that kids could get to it. Unless you get the whole building, you'll never keep them out of just your place.

Best Answer

They say put a bowl of soda pop where they are likely to come out of at night.<br />
Mice don't have the ability to burp. However, you will have alot of dead rodents for the trashman!:)<br />
p.s THe mice like to eat and drink sweet things.

Best Answer

Set traps in your apartment, and lay bait that they will take back to their nests. If the exterminator has made the basement unappealing for mice, they will simply move somewhere else that's safer (like your kitchen!).<br />
If the problem is already this serious, it will probably take a long time to get on top of it though. Maybe ask your landlord if you can get a cat (or a small dog). That will see the mice moving out pretty quickly!

Best Answer

The only thing that has been totally effective for me is TONS of poison (specifically, decon pellets). Of course, hide it from kids and pets. May seem pricey, but better than all those disease infested droppings!!!

Best Answer