I study Translation and Interpreting. I know there are a lot of topics and information about this field and I'm a very good student, but currently I've been feeling very confused and I don't know what to choose or how to work on it. My professors keep telling us that they are going to give us guidelines but they never do, so I would appreciate it if you guys helped me with some directions, or topics or ANYTHING, from your experience when you were in the same position as me.
e1989p e1989p 22-25, F 7 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Education

I would choose to look at how sites such as Bing or Google-Translate only ever give an approximately accurate translation of a passage of text, and examine how some odd things are mis-translated and/or words simply ignored.

Best Answer

If you know two languages, you could tackle the problems of the loss of content and meaning in the process of translation.

Best Answer

Thanx for the suggestion, but I think this is what everybody is going to write about in the end and I want sth special. Thanx anyways.

Best Answer

Write about something you know and something enjoy and interests you regarding t your chosen field of study.

Peace, MC

Best Answer

Thanx. It's exactly what I'm going to do. I just need to find the right topic for me ...

Best Answer

Forget about it for a day or two or till after the holiday break then an idea may come to you.

How about how a bad translation could start a war.

.

Some of us care. Just saying

Best Answer

Interesting idea. And you're right, maybe I'll wait until the holiday break and think of sth with a full stomach!:)

Best Answer

experience project

Best Answer

How about asking your pressor, past st6udents and people may may give a shite? As we don't.

Best Answer

Already asked, thank you. Maybe you should consider learning how to write in English at your age. And I'm sorry my question is irrelevant to you, I was just asking for an opinion. Next time I'll write about sth that might interest you more, like ... politeness, maybe?

Best Answer

Fark off and try doing your own work instead of trying to steal other people's ideas. My spelling is fine thank you so much. Too tired when I wrote that, long day..
Politeness indeed? What is that? Just a form of brown nosing and that, I don't do.
You were NOT asking for opinions. Directions, ideas, topics is what you asked for. IE why doesn't someone write it for you as you don't have what it takes. Right?

Best Answer

STEAL other people's ideas???!!! Just by asking for other people's experience???!!!! Wow, stealing has evolved indeed from your point of view. But, it's interesting how nobody's complaining exept for you. Don't you think you're trying too hard to be interesting, by being cynic cause, you're not House ... are you?!!!
Have a good day!

Best Answer