MokaMoka MokaMoka 13-15, F 9 Answers Feb 10, 2013 in Hobbies

You can either use elimination or substitution methods.

Best Answer

Y= 5/6x + 3 and Y = 1/9x -2 i think but then im a poet not a mathematician

Best Answer

Did you get it yet or do you want me to work it out for you? I have my bachelors in mathematics... I'm qualified.

Best Answer

I'm still in trouble

Best Answer

I keep getting .33 for x and 1 for y. (for the first one)
But when I plug it back only one is coming back correct, are you sure the second one should not be = to 25?

Best Answer

Basically, you isolate a variable, and then substitute that new equation into the variable where the other is in the other equation, and then you simply solve. I can work it out for you and show you, if you'd like.

Best Answer

Yes please =)

Best Answer

ok.

Best Answer

Are you sure you copied it down right? I tried to solve it, and couldn't. Wolfram Alpha says no solution: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=6x+%2B+3%2Fy+%3D+5+and+9%2Fx+-+2%2Fy%3D1+solve

Best Answer

yes I'm sure it's in my book

Best Answer

Then it's no solution. Because look at the graph. They will asymptotically approach each other, but never cross.

Best Answer

u typed it wrongly and this site gave me the x and the y and i need steps thanks 4 helping =)

Best Answer

I copied /pasted O-o

Best Answer

X.9 ok?

Best Answer

????

Best Answer