So I have a boyfriend & usually, all my time goes to him. Him him him. All I talk to and do. Now I met my guy friend Danny, now, I love to talk about philosophy and education, etc. My bf doesn't. So being that no one really likes to talk about this kind of stuff, It's nice to find someone who likes to talk about it. Now it's a problem for my bf. He thinks we're soul mates and etc. So because he's insecure, I shouldn't have any guy friends? I never tell him S*** about his friends that are girls. And now that I have a guy friend I talk to often about the things i'm interested in, it's a problem? He's always making sarcastic remarks about us. I'm NOT a cheater, and I DON'T flirt. I just finally found someone I could relate too, and now I have to lose him because my boyfriend is insecure? This isn't fair. He doesn't like the double standard, and now that I have a GUY friend, it's a PROBLEM? But if it was a girl, it'd be no deal?
IWillMakeYouThink IWillMakeYouThink 18-21, F 16 Answers Dec 12, 2012 in Struggles

Stage 5 clinger.

Best Answer

He's a stage 5 clinger?

Best Answer

^^^FACT

Best Answer

He will only do this as long as you allow him to.

Best Answer

Well this s*** stops today. I'm tired of it.

Best Answer

Try inviting him with the two of you everytime you get together to talk. Enjoy your conversation and let him sit there and listen. He will either realize that there is more to you and he wants to get to know all of you or he will be bored and realize you two aren't right for each other. <br />
I did this with my partner and he realized there was so much more to me than what meets the eye. He realized my friend wasn't interested in me that way, we just had a lot in common, we're friends! <br />
Hope this helps.

Best Answer

Thank you! :)

Best Answer

I would say no you are not... but if he got into your text messages or your emails, what story would that tell? My view, is that a truly healthy couple should share their friends. You have yours and he has his, but in order for him to trust you, he has to also trust the guy your with. It isn't fair, but it's really the only solution so such a COMMON and inevitable problem. People keep avoiding these issues with the cliche that the partner is clingy or jealous, but you have already said that this guy offers something to you that your boyfriend does not. Maybe your boyfriend is just on to something and realizes the relationship might not be right but doesn't want to face it yet so he is sabotaging it instead of trying to fix it.

Best Answer

Well said. And if my boyfriend went through my text messages or emails, he would find nothing but conversations of education, science, religion, etc. I'd be GLAD to show him all my texts just to relax him.. But even then, we still would have to fix the problem of him not being so clingy to me.. Great answer.

Best Answer

well... it is only a great answer because I have been in his shoes (embarrassingly enough)... needless to say I'm taking a little bit of single time to figure myself out.

Best Answer

Well, thank you. it helped. Good luck! xo

Best Answer

Personally that really wouldn't bother me at all. I can however understand why it might be. It could be that the problem doesn't lie with you having a guy friend, but with you having a NEW guy friend. Someone you've been friends with since before you were with you boyfriend wouldn't be seen as a threat. But a new guy coming into the picture? Sure, that could definitely be threatening, especially if he's insecure.

Best Answer

Dump the wimp bf<br />
and fukk the new guy or ME! or both of us ...if you're kinky :)

Best Answer

You're not in the wrong, and your bf needs to check himself or he'll lose you. Being a clinger isn't romantic, its annoying

Best Answer

He's insecure and this could become a real stumbling block in your relationship. Sounds like you two don't have a lot in common. Are you sure he is the right one?

Best Answer

Sounds crazy!

Best Answer

If you don't like your boyfriend's behavior, there is something you should remember. You can't change people, you can't change his mind, either accept him (which I think you shouldn't) or move on. I agree, ba<x>sed on the information you have provided, it is a double standard. Ditch the BF is my 2 cents.

Best Answer

he's just insecure u hve to reassure him

Best Answer

Nah I dont think you're in the wrong your BF is just insecure. Hope things get sorted in a nice way.

Best Answer

If you think you're wrong, you're wrong.<br />
If you think you're right, you're right.<br />
I think.

Best Answer

thanks -____-

Best Answer

Your boyfriend is trying to control you,that's a "Red Flag". Your boyfriend sound like he's a narcissistic,he think the world revolve around him. Get out,because it don't get better, it get worst. Good Luck!

Best Answer