Allwaysthink825 Allwaysthink825 22-25, F 11 Answers Feb 9 in Politics

Why not?...You don't think people deserve to eat?

Best Answer

If you deserve to eat then ask for a raise. If someone else can do your job for cheaper then you don't deserve it, they do.

Best Answer

Hi Vickie. I will give you my side of why not. One, it's bad for business. With healthcare already being a reason for business to cut jobs, raising the minimum wage will keep business from coming to the US. Two, it might not really make a difference. If the minimum wage does go up, taxes will also go up with it. Flipping burgers at McDonald's was not meant to be a career. It was meant for high school and college students to work while trying to achieve their future. I will respect your decision of why they should but these are just a bit of what I have.

Best Answer

its for federal contract workers and they already did

Best Answer

Why not

Best Answer

why not?

Best Answer

why not???

Best Answer

prices will go up any how.in 66 I earned .75 an hour and later $4.25,what about gas,ins.car payment,let alone rent and kids /food/medical/clothes/tax.

Best Answer

You have a point. When I started working minimum wage was $5 an hour. I can see eventually the wages going up but that would mean the cost of everything going up also. I don't see us getting $10.10 an hour and the cost of everything remaining the same.

Best Answer

prices go up between the yrs the wage goes up,makes no diff.

Best Answer

Why? Do you know in Canada minimum wage is $10.25 per hour?

Best Answer

In Australia it's $16 but purchasing power is dramatically different. The cost on everything is on average 40% higher.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you - the rest of us can't afford the pay cut and inflation that will go along with it

Best Answer

Your request shows economic and political wisdom beyond your years. I wish our political goons could see the folly of that action.

Best Answer

Reverse psychology, or you're a Walmart shareholder?

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer