CobaltToad CobaltToad 41-45, M 21 Answers Jan 30 in Travel

Italians are one of the most corrupt nations in the world

Best Answer

I know so little about the case, I really couldn't say. But just looking at her, and hearing her speak, I don't think she did. And the whole double jeopardy thing. Wow Italian courts. wow.

Best Answer

Since much of the world doesn't follow English Common Law, double jeopardy situations are not uncommon.

Best Answer

No I don't, the investigation was twisted against a foreign woman in their country.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

I don't. I think their court and police are full of ****...

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

What I think is that…..in the United States (where I'm from) people must be convicted of crimes by the evidence showing proof "beyond a reasonable doubt", because the justice system has determined that it is better to let off someone who may have committed a crime than to convict someone who may not have committed a crime. The Italian prosecution in this case did not meet that burden of proof…..and in the U.S. she likely would have been found NOT GUILTY.

She was also previously found NOT GUILTY of this crime and released, and in the U.S. would not be subjected to the "double jeopardy" of being tried again after having been acquitted.

The case against her is plausible, but had not been sufficiently proven, which is why she was acquitted on appeal after having been convicted the first time. Over 6 years after the crime took place, I still haven't heard any irrefutable evidence proving Amanda Knox's guilt…..which makes me think it's just as plausible that she did not commit the crime.

Best Answer

The simplest theory: Rudy Guede, a known petty criminal and burgler, broke into the flat, using his MO, breaking a window with a rock. He attacked and raped Meredith and killed her. He basically admitted as much, but took a plea deal to testify against Amanda and that boyfriend. Thoughts?

Best Answer

the whole of europe is incredibley anti american so any rulings by their courts has to be taken with a grain of salt

however there is some evidence to suggest ms knox was involved in the murder but its not clear and convincing and she wouldnt be convicted in our courts

Best Answer

only Amanda knows that..i don't know.

Best Answer

And Rudy Guede and that boyfriend.

Best Answer

I only followed some of the case, from what I did follow, she seemed pretty guilty

Best Answer

Did you find the original prosecution's claims about the **** a little outlandish?

Best Answer

I honestly don't know. But once she was acquitted on appeal, that should've been the end of it. I realise they don't have "double jeopardy" laws there, but it seem ridiculously corrupt to keep trying someone until you get the verdict you want.

Best Answer

I think that's because of the Napoleonic Code, which is followed in much of Europe, as opposed to English Common Law, which is what most Americans are familiar with.

Best Answer

Is that the chick who loved it rough, then used the abuse as an excuse?

Best Answer

Shes the one in Italy who allegedly killed her roommate during a sex ****.

Best Answer

You may be thinking of Jody Arias.

Best Answer

Yeah... I couldn't remember her name. She is an odd-looking woman, isn't she?

Best Answer

Yep thats the one klara :)

Best Answer

Not from what I've read/see about it, going back the the chapter in "Monster of Florence"

Best Answer

I been watching this case...there is a reason she was convicted...

Best Answer

What's the reason?

Best Answer

enough to be convicted by their higher court

Best Answer

i havent been presented with all the evidence

Best Answer

I hate to say it, but it seemed that it didn't surprise her circle of friends, so probably, yes.

Best Answer

I pretty much know next to nothing about the case.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer