Stove top, it tastes so much better. After a few minutes the microwave popcorn starts to taste really awful.
This is a good question because I want pop corn
My microwave deiced to commit suicide so I am out of a maker .... I think if you put it in a pot and keep shaking it that works but I don't know
I AM MAKIN ME SOME POP CORN!!!!
Stove top, doesn't take much longer and doesn't have the chemicals that micro-corn has in it. Also it's tempting to walk away from the microwave and let the popcorn get scorched if not burned, takes a month for the smell to clear out of a microwave after that.
Over an open fire
Neither, I have an air popper
It does taste a little different, but I still love it.
Of course popcorn IS my favourite snack food, so I tend to like it no matter how it's prepared.
I make it in the microwave now. Growing up, we always made it on the stove ... a lot more work.
Microwave, it's easier...