I have always been a big guy. And never in good shape (except round). But im recently engaged and want to get in the best shape of my life! Right now im 260 lbs. Ive already been motivate to the fullest extent i can be, but i dont want to keel over during a workout and die. I would like to start dieting and lifting weights. Is anyone else here already overcome this adversity and actually built muscle? Or am i stuck being a blob?
tpowell8119 tpowell8119 22-25, M 7 Answers Feb 11 in Health

see a dr and arrange for a cardiac stress test if its ok then start out with small steps maybe a fifteen minute walk and one set each or a weight training movement then slowly increase the time for cardio and the number of sets u do with the weights dont go for the mountain tops just put one foot in front of the other and u will be on top of the mountains befor u know it

Best Answer

You are absolutely not stuck! My best advice would be to start small and exercise every day. Diet is important, but when combined with exercise you'll get twice the results. Start by walking and lifting lighter weights with lots of repetition. The repetition is what actually builds muscle, not the weight itself.<br />
Add more weight, walk a little farther, and eat a bit healthier everyday. Small steps. :)<br />
Congrats on your journey to being healthier!

Best Answer

Lap band/ gastric banding surgery.<br />
Give it some serious thought before discounting it as a possibility.

Best Answer

Post surgery for? How tall are you? Any physical limitations?

Best Answer

Open heart surgery. Im 6'1. And not that i know of. But ive been to afraid to push myself to hard with the fear of some type of heart failure. They instilled in my head at a young age i coudnt lift weights because i haven't had surgery and now 6 years after my O/H im ready to start.

Best Answer

Just a suggestion, I am not a professional, but know a little. Raw food diet for 2 weeks, low weight. 20 or 30 lbs. sets of 20... if that causes no ill effect, increase weight as you can handle..more reps. After raw food diet, stay up on potassium, protien...cut the carbs and cut the refined sugars and fats :)

Best Answer