frozenFire6767 frozenFire6767 26-30, F 1 Answer Dec 22, 2013 in Health

I'm at a family Christmas event I have borderline personality disorder with narcissism... I feel so alone my dad who was my rock passed away and without him here to protect me from everyone and to be there I feel so lost and alone. I feel empty. I don't know how to survive this... Everyone sees me as the crazy **** up and I hate the looks I get and everyone keeping their distance from me.... I just got here and I already want to leave. I could sure use some advice please.... Thank you. .

Best Answer

Drink more egg nog!!!

Best Answer

The thing I did when I felt that way was busy myself with something. Listen to music with headphones.
If they haven't taken the time to know you that's their loss

Best Answer

When I have felt that way, I have found a book and a quiet corner. Or even taken a nap. Or maybe started a side conversation with someone and just sat and watched. I don't have your issues, so I don't know if this helps, but it's usually pretty easy to slip away during certain times. Often enough, you won't be the only one who isn't feeling completely sociable. One more thing to remember...if no one wanted you there, then you would have been told that and "uninvited". And you can't know how everyone thinks of you...so don't assume too much. Odds are that you aren't as prominent a figure as you may feel you are, and your presence there is not at the forefront of everyone's thoughts. Everyone will be hobnobbing or gossiping or whatever..with everyone else. Just try not to stick out like a sore thumb and smile when someone speaks to you. You don't have to "play ball", but you can be decent company. You can get through it.

Best Answer

You know, you could just put your question in the details section. You get 700 characters of writing.

Best Answer