I heard she couldn't stand the heat, so she got out of the global climate business.

Best Answer

I got a good laugh out of that "couldn't stand the heat" joke. For speakers of English as a foreign language, I will explain double meaning of the joke. One meaning of course is that climate change is causing more heat on our planet Earth. The other meaning is that in English the phrase "can't stand the heat" is an idiom or expression meaning "can't stand the politics involved". Not known to many non-English speakers, debate still goes on in the USA on whether global warming is a myth, and as such there is still a lot of political harassment from those members of Congress who have declared in the last 10 years that global warming is very possibly a myth. Such harassment includes understaffing, meaning that Communist China has attained an enormous lead in defending against climate changes, as well as a lead in technology for reducing carbon footprint.

Best Answer