I was happy loved myself. fell in love with the wrong person. went to see a therapist for reasons that had nothing to do with what I came out of there with. seems like some therapists want you to delve into stuff that has nothing to do with anything and then you start thinking like that and I want my money back. now its like you have to learn to love yourself. I already did. isn't therapy supposed to help not make you feel awful? psychology will twist it too when I really don't care anymore. I don't want to be a cold person either but it just made me not give a **** anymore. left wont go back either. common sense is lost on some people. they want to see things that aren't there.
celtic34 celtic34 36-40, M 7 Answers Apr 30 in Doing Good

therapists have all different personalities. You seem to not have one that suited yours

Best Answer

There are therapists that feel long term, in depth psychotherapy is what every patient wants. Sometimes what people need are simply some tools to help them make it through a difficult time. Try asking your therapist to provide short term assistance.

Best Answer

yep..molehills can be turned into mountains...i've been on the receiving end of a crappy professional.

Best Answer

I'd say get a second opinion, just like you would any other diagnosis from a doctor. The therapist you are seeing may not be that good or not know what they are doing. Try seeing another therapist and tell the new therapist what happened with the first therapist. Maybe you will get better treatment. You are right in thinking that you should feel better, not worse, after seeing a therapist.

Best Answer

Is it possible that a splint was required and not the band-aid that was first thought? Generally they won't make you feel bad as you won't go back. Was the psychologist recommended to you, or just available?

Best Answer

Psychology is used in war (Look at Iraq now). so yea it's like nuclear power it can cure illnesses and it can wreck societies.

Best Answer

Sounds like you went to a humanistic therapist. Try a cognitive-behavioral therapist.

Best Answer

it was just bad how it happened. the first guy I saw started making something that was actually nice to me about addictive relationships which it wasn't. then I was forced into it because that stuff pissed me off. by the time I got to the cognitive -behavior therapist I was so turned off they just wanted to give me drugs and I saw them as a drug dealer. showed them pictures of me as a kid and left and blamed them for messing me up.

Best Answer

used to be a responsible person. now I say things like if I say im a victim I probably am and they still are aholes.

Best Answer

nobody ever admits fault or does the decent thing anymore. so why should I is how I feel now.

Best Answer

just take care of myself and stay away from people like that. I was doing well before doing that. messed up my life.

Best Answer

met much nicer people outside of psychology who were more just friends and helpful. doctors seem to instantly think there is something majorly wrong when there wasn't. now there is.

Best Answer

Well, I can definitely see that you currently have MAJOR issues. I'm not convinced you didn't before.

Best Answer