MimimimiMimi94 MimimimiMimi94 22-25, F 10 Answers Jun 19, 2012

Well, it could be good or bad. For every crime that is committed, there needs to be a punishment of some sort put into place so that the offender knows that it's not ok to keep offending. However, not all punishments deter the criminal from committing a heinous act. For a remorseful soul, punishment may just work, but for the others who could care less about punishment....is there really anything that will save them? Some people were born to be bad. I used to believe that there is good in everyone, but people have proven me wrong!

Best Answer

I think punishment is necessary or the world would be out of order because everyone can do whatever they want without having to deal with the consequence.

Best Answer

I was punished a lot (in this day he'd have went to prison) by my father for doing things like smoking, stealing, starting fires when I was really young, it did not stop this behaviour in fact I found solice in it. Only in later life I knew what I was doing was wrong but realised it was because I had 'some control', in my younger days, as I was not listened too or loved. But hey ho live still had to go on.

Best Answer

negative reinforcement and association. check out theorist Bandura. He did soem interesting studies which turned out to have major ethical problems. involved making a loud noise behind a child's head every time it looked at a rabbit. the result was that every time the child saw a rabbit he would burst out crying. associating the rabbit with a loud scary noise. to punish someone for something makes them not do it again because they associate it with something bad rather than developing cognitive understanding of why they should/should not do it (or a conscience). look at me with my big head. :S

Best Answer

negatively. unless its habit. then its just annoying

Best Answer

I hit my kids so hard once it bruised there teeth.LOL

Best Answer

In reduces the frequency of the behavior.

Best Answer