They say you get good karma for doing good deeds, but what about this situation: Say there's someone bitching and whining at you and you go help them. You don't help them out of the kindness of your heart, but you help them just so they'll just STFU. Do you still get good karma in that situation?
Hermey Hermey 36-40, M 18 Answers Dec 1, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I don't know about that but at least you will be getting peace of mind...

Best Answer

good answer

Best Answer

The best example of good-deed karma to me is an unexpected discovery of something done for someone in stealth.

Best Answer

Thumb rule about karma.

Do good deeds without any expectations. Do good for the sake of good, not for desire of rewards. Wants and desires are the root of all sorrow.

Best Answer

No...... Karma will not bless you for this act because it was it not done from the heart --out of kindness.

Best Answer

I think you may just be fueling your inner desire to tell her to STFU. May as well be honest next time. Sooner or later you are going to.

Best Answer

Who is Karma? Is she the one who won't STFU?

I really don't know the answer to that...seems like a break-even deal. You are basically doing it to please yourself, and then the other person is pleased because you helped. I think karma works when there is a lot of something given or taken all at once, and then later restored or taken to balance things out. Long answer, huh?

Best Answer

My questions welcome answers of all lengths. And your point is a good one. I wouldn't think it would give me too much karma, but i often wonder since I find myself in similar situations to that one often.

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

If you do something good you will get your karma. It doesn't matter whether it was from your heart or not when doing a good dead. However it will happen quicker if your deed was from the heart

Best Answer

that makes sense. So it's just like you get less good karma points. But that beats nothing.

Best Answer

I've been doing good things for 49 years (all my life).

I'm still waiting for my good karma.

Best Answer

Well, since you have no input on how the score is kept, do it and hope for the best...lol

Best Answer

That's is probably the best approach. But if I do come across the score sheet, I'll post it here so we all can know.

Best Answer

Thanks...that act alone will get you a whole bunch of points...with us, at least....lol

Best Answer

yes because you can't always control your thoughts but you can control your actions.

Best Answer

very good point.

Best Answer

Your helping two people this way them and you.

Best Answer

double good karma... I like it

Best Answer

Hard too say. If the person is a loud neighbour then the rest of the neighbours might slap you on the back

Best Answer

so even if I didn't get good karma, at least the whole neighborhood is full of positivity.

Best Answer

you still gain good karma. you have done better, stepped above.

Best Answer

indeed. do you believe?

Best Answer

Meh, probably a little.

Best Answer

I guess that's....neutral

Best Answer