The way I see it is, the reason I am the way I am; is because of the environment which interact with me and I interact back. Everything I am and know I owe to what is around me, and how I feel and choose about my surroundings is thanks to everything else that exist that has made everything else exist and so forth. Allowing me to be me the way I am. Without everything else, I would not be me the way I am. Cause I am not the center of the universe, I am the center of my own universe. And my universe would not exist without the universe and everything it contains. To be able to let go of oneself and realize everything else around that is what it is and does what it does in order for it to be the way it is, is fundamentally what made all of us.
Minimaxhall Minimaxhall 26-30, M 4 Answers Aug 25 in Community

So you believe in nurture over nature?

I'd say that both have equal parts in the formation of a person's self identity.

Best Answer

Good question, I do believe some sort of symbiosis is essential... so before we are born, everyone and everything that exists still is there without us. And when we get into this body, it is as I state a symptom of what was before... Our parents had sex or (insimination) and so forth back in time. And when we finally get here it's a question of what shapes us though different emotions and stimuli. basically "Good emotions" and "bad emotions" this is called (learning) in a sense... It's how we respond to these affections that results in what will come to pass after... And eventually as one grows.... The necessary revolution of mind will determine our personal affections towards this and that in the world. To put it sketchy :S

Best Answer

Through* not though...

Best Answer

I don't think I'm following you, and only because you keep referring to "things."

Best Answer

What I am saying is, the earth and everything it contains and have contained throughout history, every shape and decision, every micro and macro cosmic event that has ever occurred has created the "now" that we live in. This here and now experience we share individually is sub divided into personal experiences. And therefore our persona in itself is not our own making alone, but a symptom of the past shapes and choices that has affected everything, including us. We owe what we are to whatever it was around us that has affected us.

Best Answer

Ok, so I agree with you. "Self" is a conglomerate of experiences caused by external events, people, environments, etc. But the way one responds to those things isn't always the same, which makes us all unique.

Best Answer

Environment is sufficient, it covers people as well and the "ect". Yes and also a profound uniqueness about everything. Absolutely everything is: The fact that everything that exists, exist where it does, we have soulbound the space we occupy. Every object, every living organism, every element exists where it does. The closest thing we can get is close to it. But never where it is. We can take its place in the future or it was different in the past. But for now everything is exactly where it is. Giving a unique perspective. And perspective in itself is based on what we have grounded our beliefs in. The act of faith... Either faith in that this is how it is, or faith in that this is how it is not.

Best Answer

Sounds like you got real generalized again. :/ "The closest thing we can get is close to it"? What about water? We can dive right into it.

Best Answer

Ah yes, than we occupy the place in the water in which we choose to be. The water level would rise and the amount of water absorbed through our skin would fill those cavity's. Also the part we choose to swallow would go to their cavity's and other holes and openings would be filled up with water and get their solbound position. As we would in the water. Or anywhere else for that matter... Just as everything else is moving and changing and relocating...

Best Answer

OK. That part makes more sense now, but its actually common knowledge. It's just not something we pay attention to when we dive into water. What do you mean by "soulbound"?

Best Answer

If one regards the whole universe as a living organism, or as the Buddhists say "god is in everything" or as the Christians say "everything is god(made by god). One gives life to all sorts of things that has ever lived, will live or even contributed to life in every sense of life. Such as elements, fire, water, earth and air. And also every molecular structure known to man and beyond. How heavily one choose to go about it is ofc free choice, as most things in this world is. That's what I mean by soulbound. In other words... What something occupies in space and time at that precise moment is the current soulbound state of the particular entity being where it is.

Best Answer

Saying "everything is god" is not the same as everything was made by God. So in that sense, it would be false to say that everything is living, or has lived before. For something to be living, it has to have been given life. Yes it may change state over time, but that doesn't mean its living. Unless you're using the word "live" in a different way.

Best Answer

Beyond the norms of what we consider "life" from a human perspective. Call it what ever you want, any doctrine of creation. Nature, god or equal heavy entity even... Life to me is essentially everything that exists.... And where that exists in time and space at the exact moment and place is it's soulbound place (if we are still describing the uniqueness of things and the word soulbound and what it means. Cause everything has a soul and is soulbinding where ever it is. Don't think scientific methodology would be happy reading this :P But I personally am satisfied with what I feel and believe. And try to behave satisfactory around as much as possible....

Best Answer

"Everything has a soul and is soulbinding where ever it is." That's only if you believe everything has a soul.

Best Answer

Even if one believes something, doesn't make it true, and even if one doesn't believe something, doesn't make it false.

Best Answer

So what's to trying to define what self is, if what I as a person perceive it to be is not necessarily true or false?

Best Answer

Only one way to find out :)

Best Answer

How so? :P

Best Answer

The self is defined by the moments that shape us, and how we respond to it. It begins with accepting ones own feelings and to "be yourself" whatever that self is. It's all up to you. To be who you are. I guess to be able to live with the choices we make and the choices we did not make? I say this thread is a wrap no? :P Thanks for sticking out with me.. :)

Best Answer

I am who I say I am and if I wasn't why would say I am... lol I think that's how it goes

Best Answer

Love it, Eminem is such a clever guy :)

Best Answer