Stop beating the horse

Best Answer

Takes lots of time and patience. I always provided carrots and apples, and just spent hours with the horses on my farm. Started with being on the other side of the fence for a few days, then on the fence for a while, and inside the fence. I know it's not always easy, but you need to basically become "one" with the horse, try to read his/her feelings. If something doesn't FEEL right, then back off. That horse needs to be able to trust you. Once he realizes that you're a friend and not a foe, he'll start to feel comfortable with you bringing on more things. Don't try to do it all in one day. Just take a new step with every new day. Oh, how I miss that!!

Best Answer

hmm okay i will try that thanks=)

Best Answer

continue to do as you are doing. It may take awhile. I spoke gently and quietly in her ear as I introduced her to new things etc. trust her and eventually she/he will hopefully do the same

Best Answer

First thing I would ask is he new to you or new to you and your Aunt's stable? How many horses is he around? Is he always in a stall or turned out with the others? I am assuming he is a gelding, right? Remember horses are herd animals now if everything is new to him he is trying to figure out just where he is in relation to all the other horses and not just you, remember you're just part of the herd. Like I told you earlier it is more about time than anything else. Take your time and let him come to you. Like I said earlier I like to just go in the stall with a horse like that and sit in the corner while they eat. sitting like that you are small, not threatening and they are curious enough they will come check you out and over time you can develop that important trust. I keep treats to a minimum I want them to want to be with me and not think of me as a treat dispenser. There is a trainer out there goes by the name of Gawani or Pony boy he is Native American and trains in the old ways. He has ten best sellers about horses and training and is remarkable look him up on the internet, you can download his books and videos on line. I think you will really like him

Best Answer

mellow fr<x>ame of mind and lots of apples and carrots, once it lets you, blow air into the horses nostrils. Keep the apples and carrots going!

Best Answer

hmmm okay

Best Answer

Be careful with Apples and Carrots. They are high in sugar and can cause health issues like laminitis. There are horses I train and just by working with them and letting them know I am their leader is all it takes. Not all horses like to be loved on, no matter how much time you spend with them. There are 4 Arabians owned by one person. I recently started one of them and she loved the attention and can hold her head in my arms against my chest. If I try with that with the others, they pull their head away and start to walk off.

Best Answer

" does everything i ask" " i try to love him and let him know i care"...<br />
doesn't seem legit..

Best Answer

he is show horse that is he training to obey whatever rider is on him

Best Answer

that is perverted

Best Answer

Clearly you know nothing about horses

Best Answer

I have 45 horses under the hood of my car

Best Answer

ha ha ha =)

Best Answer

all of them are ponies

Best Answer

Not going to happen some horses are studs lol

Best Answer

My sister is a horse trainer and the horse whisperer stuff really works, so check it out.

Best Answer