I'm on medication that I just saw has written on it in big lettering to contact a doctor immediately if I experience pain in my legs or calfs. My right calf only has been aching for about 5 hours now and feels like someone is ripping the muscles off. The pain if anything is getting worse. I've been getting these pains intermittently since April. WebMd has given me multiple warnings, but I don't want to go unless I have too. Can anyone tell me how serious this is?
LostLotus LostLotus 18-21, F 13 Answers Jul 29, 2012

No one can tell you how serious it is based on that description without an examination. But yes, if you're concerned, you should see a doctor absolutely.

Best Answer

If you have to ask the question, yeah you pretty much need to go see the doctor.

Best Answer

Have a nice cup of tea , i'm sure it's nothing.

Best Answer

I would suggest going to the doctor even if you were experiencing leg pains aside from the medication. Why suffer when you can find the cause and have it treated?

Best Answer

If it's serious enough to put a warning on the bottle than it's serious enough to act upon it. GO SEE A DOCTOR NOW.

Best Answer

What does the big letters say again?

Best Answer

CONTACT YOUR DOCTOR IMMEDIATELY if you experience calf/leg pain or swelling

Best Answer

ok.. just wanted too make sure you read it properly

Best Answer

I just don't want to be over reacting if it's something stupid

Best Answer

What taking you so long.

Best Answer

go to the doctor yesterday.

Best Answer

It says contact the doctor immediately if you have leg pains, and you are having leg pains? "Immediately" does not mean "in the morning after I have my coffee and bagel".

Could be nothing, but at a minimum -- run a search for a nurse's hotline in your area and give them a call, *now*. Then call your doctor's phone number, leave a message, and follow up as soon as the office opens.

Best Answer

it might be more or less serious than you think, either way don't hesitate to go see a dr if you think you need to, nobody knows yourself better than you do.

Best Answer

would need to know the ailment and drug name and list of all meds taken

Best Answer