Suppose I drew a picture of 2 people, their conversation consists of one telling the other that they are in fact drawing me.
TheFurryOat TheFurryOat 22-25, M 3 Answers May 11 in LGBT

We cant, other than that its unecessary. We could be matrix machines with gods pulling our levers, but that explanation is excessive and theres no evidence of it.<br />
As for thedrawing...they dont have selfawareness, they cant do anything more than what youve drawn. If they were advanced ais with some level of selfconcept, i suppose you could deus ex in and change their reality without their awareness.

Best Answer

We can't determine anything about our reality except for the pure fact we are observers of sorts; that too, only I know and.can prove to myself I exist; you on the other hand, can argue your sentience to me no more or less than Pierre can.

Best Answer

Not true. My consciousness dictates that the difference between my body and mind is intuition and abstraction, a posteriori I know you exist as well.

Best Answer

I may as well program CleverBot or Siri to tell me that :)

Best Answer

I pass a Turing test without there needing to be 1,000,000 versions of me at once answering a question. So, I doubt it.

Best Answer

It isn't a question of the Turing test or not. A Down's kid wouldn't be able to and are not capable to pass the Turing Test. Does that mean they are not sentient?

Best Answer

That requires a definition of sentience.

Best Answer

I should have said consciousness. Sentience can be defined as being able to interact with its surroundings and reason. Consciousness cannot be explicitly defined.

Best Answer

Why?

Best Answer

I cannot answer the question for the same reason I cannot define consciousness. To define either would go against the concept of itself.

Best Answer