I think that some people charm and disarm.<br />
Guys and girls.<br />
One man explained it to me as a sort of "catch and release" when it came to his relationships. That it was fun and interesting at first. A challenge to bring that person in. Then, over time, it just wasn't all that any more, and he lost interest. With that, his charm and effort went out the window. Maybe that's an extreme case, but I think that a lot of that can translate into the way people regard marriage.<br />
Men or women...people can be incredibly fickle or ADD when it comes to relationships. I do, however, think it's more common with men. I guess it's that tendency of many men to want to be "free", while the woman more often wants to "nest".

Best Answer

That man, I think, just wanted to prove to himself that he can get anything that he wanted. And it's not a rational reason to say that they just want to be free. Why even enter marriage if all they want is to be free?
But I do appreciate your answer. You have a point. But still...

Best Answer

I think that they want a relationship, but they don't. They want the sex and the availability of a woman...they don't want to share her with other men. But they don't want to be tied down themselves- they want their options more open. I think there's a bit of double standard. And I believe that some men do go into marriage, but over time, they come to resent the restrictions. They want to "wander", and she makes them feel tied. So they subtly start to resist that. They start being snarky or passive aggressive. They distance themselves within the relationship. The woman is then confused by it and holds on harder...becomes more of a nag because she senses that something is going on. He resents that further restriction...and eventually, the relationship falls apart. That's what makes sense to me anyway.

Best Answer

And I have heard guys say, "Well, I cheated because you drove me to it!" because she was "holding on" or wanting a certain closeness that is no longer there. She senses the distance growing as he withdraws a bit or the relationship cools, and she panics a bit. That just fuels his urge to be more distant.

Best Answer

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Both men and women tend to get complacent after being in a relationship for a while.

Best Answer

but they shouldn't. If you really love that person, i don't think anything will ever change your feelings for each other.

Best Answer

You can't stop change, it just happens...as long as both parties think of it as "growth." Some people fear or resist change and I think that's why they call it quits. They want a honeymoon period to last indefinitely, but you can't stay young forever.

Best Answer

cool im a never married angel pmsl

Best Answer

Oh come on ladies? What the heck? Who doesn't put their best foot forward?<br />
The trail of relationships is long and sometimes difficult, it requires both feet.

Best Answer

Or else you wouldn't agree to marry him! ;)

Best Answer

Who have you married?

Best Answer

No one.

Best Answer

Well, at least you have a sound basis for the Q

Best Answer

another 'all men' Q........

Best Answer

It is far better than acting like a Lucifer before the marriage, and acting like a fallen daemon after the engagement.

Best Answer