I never thought of it as racist, it just means telling it like it is.

Best Answer

Ned,here in the UK,its neither racist or practised.

Best Answer

Not racist here, it's a term that means "call it like it is" I don't think we here use spade as a racial term too much.

Best Answer

No, in my opinion, but 'The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one.'<br />
So said Oscar Wilde.

Best Answer

Not racist in the UK<br />
An every day saying.

Best Answer

It could be taken as racist here. Yes

Best Answer

Not exactly, but the people that say that exact ex<x>pression about PEOPLE invariably turn out to be racists.<br />
It is possible to use the phrase in ignorance of it's origins and use it to refer to telling situations like they are... that is not intended as racist.

Best Answer

I dont know where u got the word racist for this...it just means "TO TELL IT LIKE IT IS". Dont sugarcoat something.

Best Answer

"black as the ace of spades" is an old expression racists used to describe an unseen person who is the subject of conversation and happens to be black, thus to refer to a person as a spade is racist.

Best Answer

albeit archaic.

Best Answer

if you say so...(twirling my eyes)

Best Answer