seagoat2 seagoat2 56-60, F 8 Answers Sep 12, 2012 in Books

Oh ya.. one of my favorites!

Best Answer

...agreed, stlcrzy!

Best Answer

read, no. movie, yes. my 8th gd son (gifted) had to put that in there,read it last yr. he loved it!!!

Best Answer

...excellent, mrssgt!....

Best Answer

thanks teach....:)

Best Answer

It was mandatory reading in my eight grade english class... It may have been the only book I was required to read that I actually liked.

Best Answer

...that's what I am finding out, also, DaveS1130...those non-readers are suddenly engaged!

Best Answer

To me it was the first book I encountered that didn't seem to try to show the world in a filtered way. The good and the bad were all right there on the pages. I still remember feeling stunned with what happened to Johnny. That was the first time a book did that to me.

Best Answer

...believe me, my students are going feel "stunned" also...that is a great word, DaveS1130...

Best Answer

Yep. I read that book when I was in 8th grade as well.

Best Answer

...it's a great book for that age...

Best Answer

Yes. Good book. Great social lessons. Enjoy

Best Answer

....and this is a great class to facilitate those social lessons...mahalo, jiinxed...

Best Answer

Oh yes, I read hintons books as a teen, too. Im not surprised they enjoy it.

Best Answer

...last year, I bought several others Hinton wrote because so many students were turned on to reading by the reading the Outsiders....

Best Answer

Which do you like best?

Best Answer

...Outsiders is still number one with me....

Best Answer

Its the best one, for sure.

Best Answer

Cool book, read it as a kid. The movie was pretty good, too. I didn't learn until later that S.E. Hinton was a woman.

Best Answer

...I know, can't wait to let my kids in on that fact...but will wait awhile...can lead into many revealing conversations about assumptions, gender, etc....

Best Answer

Cool :)

Best Answer

is it the one written by a brother of a guy in a gang? i read that over 40 years ago. yes i loved it at the time.

Best Answer

..yep, that's the one, clarkee!

Best Answer