The rich poor divide is concerning. Regardless of ones political views there needs to be a balance and egalitarianism. without it even the highly privledged ultimately suffer. people forget lessons that the french revolution, the bolshevik revolution, romanian overthrow of ceasescu,

Best Answer

and other examples provide when money and power deprive people to the point they fight to survive.

Best Answer

Good question.

No. Perceived increasingly impoverished masses. In Third World countries outside of Africa, the standard of living has been on the rise for fifty or more years, in Africa, that has stalled and reversed, just as it did in Russia. In First and Second World countries, the standards hardly bear comparing to even the 1940s. Even the poor in the West live better now than most folks did then or before.

Are rich getting still richer? Some are. But there is a larger element of rich people than ever before, at least in America, Canada, Australia, Japan.

The super rich have always been separate from the rest of us, and they are still so few in number.

There was a Golden Age of the Working Man in the mid 20th century. It was the time when unions were at their strongest, fear of communists was at its highest, and willingness to violence over ideas was high as well.

Turns out that that period was also a period of stagnating or declining productivity of working people. It could not be sustained any more than the current rise of the not-working-at-all who get paid can be. Reductions and eliminations were inevitable.

Best Answer

Not perceived at all. I can give you statistics on Poverty. LOTS of people suffering!.

Best Answer

Of course you can. So can I. Better do a bit of homework and get an idea of what "poverty" means now compared to earlier periods. If you restrict your ideas to stats provided by political entities, including governments, then you are likely to see very little. Do a bit of sociological digging and you will hit a vein of truth beyond any truth political statistics can provide.

Here's a short list from my country. There's plenty more if you care to look. Best of luck.

1920 -- poor = no car, no meat, no central HVAC
middle = no car, some meat a few times a week, no central HVAC
well off = 1 car, meat at 2-3 meals a day, no central HVAC

1960 -- poor = maybe 1 car, meat a few times a week, no central HVAC
middle = 1 car, meat at 2-3 meals a day, likely to have central HVAC
well off = multiple cars, meat at 2-3 meals a day, have central HVAC

2000 -- poor = 1 or more cars, meat at 2-3 meals a day, have central HVAC
middle = multiple cars, have central HVAC
well off = many cars, have central HVAC

Best Answer

http://www.globalresearch.ca/37-facts-about-how-cruel-this-economy-has-been-to-millions-of-desperate-american-families/5309938

The Centre for Research on Globalization (CRG) is an independent research and media organization based in Montreal. The CRG is a registered non-profit organization in the province of Quebec, Canada.

In addition to the Global Research websites, the Centre is involved in book publishing, support to humanitarian projects as well as educational outreach activities including the organization of public conferences and lectures. The Centre also acts as a think tank on crucial economic and geopolitical issues.

The Global Research website at www.globalresearch.ca publishes news articles, commentary, background research and analysis on a broad range of issues, focusing on social, economic, strategic and environmental issues.

The Global Research website was established on the 9th of September 2001, two days before the tragic events of September 11. Barely a few days later, Global Research had become a major news source on the New World Order and Washington’s “war on terrorism”.

Since September 2001, we have established an extensive archive of news articles, in-depth reports and analysis on issues which are barely covered by the mainstream media.

Best Answer

like when has it been otherwise?

Best Answer

Inequality is worsening.

Best Answer

I believe it's bc we are not talking about Principals instead of nonsence he said , she said , just people places and things which is disfunctional entertainment , we are being Dumb Down when we need a futuristic reality talk shows and reality shows of growth and maturity , resolutions to our problems are not blaming and complaining rather than explaining ourselves. We needn't make excuses but owning responsibility of our actions then we are following principals in our life. Philosopy is full of wonderful Parables that are for the purpose of growth , not disfunctional BS that are dumbing us down rather than lifting spirits. I want to Host a Reality show called Futuristic Reality Talk Show so I've written the Ellen DeGeneres Show to ask for a plug . she has a way of helping dreams come true. She's a gifter not a hoarder or why store what you are using , give it up to gifting and see the freedom of it. Your always provided with more than you ever dreamed of. Please give me your idea of how to help us move into a more Hopeful Future with Entertainment.

Best Answer

Soapbox

Best Answer

You see no connection to education and poverty , not surprised.

Best Answer

Did I say that?.......................I believe strongly in education. Don't assume anything.

Best Answer

Thisvisva place to write and if what you write isn't unkind I have nothing to apologize or give excuses , what I say should be so quick to overlook its meaning before you sit in judgement , I happen to believe in free speech , its an educated opinion and law of my land and I kindly welcome the soupbox as you say however the words of a perv. Or judgements of others , be flexible , lighten up sweetie.

Best Answer

Marx and Angeles made good observations but never really found workable remedies for the conflict between Proletariat and Bourgeoisie.

Best Answer

Revolution

Best Answer

Revolutions only result in a redistribution of wealth but still in a short time you end up with 2 classes again. Even in communism you have the political class living with power and wealth ruling the rest of the citizens.

Best Answer

Russian Revolution worked....Tsar and Provisional Government overthrown.

Best Answer

If the working class prevailed , how long would it last , Comrade Corbyn , would soon take the best allotment , grow up people we will never beat the ruling classes , If Comrade Corbyn won how long before he spends his summers in a luxury Datcha .

Best Answer

Russian Revolution they did

Best Answer

Are you taking a class of some sort? Or is this really your daily vocabulary?

Best Answer

yes

sorttttta

Best Answer

really...that sounds so sad....people come from overseas to get a job and they aren't even welcome.

Best Answer

The International working class should be allowed to travel, and work anywhere, and become citizens of wherever they are.

Best Answer

most definitely. I'm all for freedom of travel, even if Paris bombings are going on...violence was about 1000x worse a few centuries ago!

Best Answer