Neighbor's boy tells me he was naughty and got kicked into furniture by mom and he got hurt. I've seen the mom's dog pull hard and she kicks and hits it, totally losing it on the dog. Her little girl has a sleep over here and looks at me and says I wish I lived here. :'( All people in the neighborhood are friends with this woman. Close knit. What do I do....I am torn. It's bothering me a lot. Is there anything I can do?
whatwoodyoudo whatwoodyoudo 70+ 6 Answers Mar 24 in Parenting & Family

Call the social services on her, private interviews with the kids. That is sad :(

Best Answer

u can make an annoymous compaint to child protective services and have her investigated it is probably the best way to go for the childrens sake

Best Answer

Call the animal abuser cops or whoever. Get those people in her face. See what happens. Maybe it will make her think twice before she hurts her children again. She probably won't like law enforcement in her life even if it's just the animal authorities. See what happens. It won't hurt the kid, because you're calling about the dog.

Best Answer

Yeah good point.

Best Answer

Try it. She'll know someone is watching, and she won't blame the kid indirectly. If you call about the kid, she might take her anger out on the kid. She might think the kid opened his or her mouth too much. If you call about the dog, you can get authorities in her face without the kid(s) involved. I'm not saying it will help, but it's worth a try. Plus , you're not doing anything wrong by reporting her to the authorities about the dog . It won't hurt

Best Answer

Anonymous call to Child Protective Services. You could recommend sending her to parenting classes or anger management.

Best Answer

I was thinking of this...but I can't see that going over well at all.

Best Answer

Should I talk to the kids?

Best Answer

Maybe. It would be better than doing nothing. Very tough to figure out what to do though.

Best Answer

Thanks I appreciate the advice.

Best Answer

Yeah, I'd call the cops when the situation arises. They'll probably need to be caught in the act but giving authorities a warning that there may be an issue can help lives.

Best Answer