If they really cared, they would have edited the smoking out. They were just trying to please everyone. <br />
As for the violence, back in the 80s there was a brief period where the issue of violence and sex in movies was debated. The Japanese rated movies on violence. America rated them on sex. I guess it goes back to America's Puritan expansionist roots. "Sex is bad." "Killing to get what you want is good." I keep hoping we will out grow it, but the Iraq war proved me wrong, again.

Best Answer

You have taken the words right out of my mouth..I totally agree with you and don't think it'll ever change!!!

Best Answer

They want to give all films here with smoking in an 18 cert. :-/<br />
101 Dalmations with an 18? Do me a favour!!<br />
What's more likely to make my daughter start (god forbid) Cruella de Ville smoking or her mum?

Best Answer

Wow that really IS stupid...101 Dalmations? they don't miss a thing, do they? you are right about your daughter's smoking...what is this stupid world coming to when movies are rated for smoking? beats the hell outta me!!!

Best Answer

They were talking about it in the paper, any film with smoking in would have an 18 put on it, when films with swearing and whatever don't.

Best Answer

Yes, I've been saying that since they cut out the word b*tch on certain shows, but say sh*t all the time.

Best Answer

you are soooo right; I even heard 'pissed off' on a comedy!!! couldn't believe my ears!!!!!!!!

Best Answer