so I am having communication issues with my significant other... I have trouble voicing my needs and wants and what I have issues with, its the way I was brought up, you just don't do it, I am and have always been a go with the flow kinda person, happy go lucky, but I know that I can't be like that in my current relationship. I know I have to change it; any ideas of the easiest way to not be afraid to have my voice be heard?
yatesie yatesie 18-21, F 9 Answers Jul 9, 2012

Communication is one of the most if not THE most important factor in a healthy relationship. This might be doomed from the start if you don't feel comfortable expressing how you feel to them. <br />
It is okay to be afraid, but you NEED to try to communicate. If your other half is not receptive to your communication then maybe its time to consider ending it.

Best Answer

Ask yourself if you are afraid that he will leave you if you voice your needs and wants. If so....do you have such a low opinion of HIM....or of yourself?

Best Answer

myself, I will admit that, it comes from years of being put down after communicating ideas, wants, needs or anything really, from "friends", family, teachers, anyone you name it. He (my SO) is the first person to ever give two ***** about me and to think that I could lose him because of my inner fears of communicating because of something that has happened in my past

Best Answer

write down what you want to say then read it often through a day or two so that like a speech the words will be there. then sit down with your partner and start the talk with I have somethings I want to say and this is hard for me to do so please just let me say what I need to and afterwards we can talk about it but let me get it all out frist as that is the hard part for me.

Best Answer

Shouldn't you be completely comfortable talking to your partner? I was with a girl recently (a very intelligent one otherwise) that took not say what she wanted so far that she's lost practically any chance of achieving her dream.

Best Answer

your other half should love and want you becauseyou are you not try to make you into someone else. If thats not happening its time to say goodbye

Best Answer

practice - get someone to role play with you. the fact is you deserve to be heard. consider how it makes you feel when someone walks over you and use that to give you strength - but not to retaliate in anger

Best Answer

Simple. Do you want too be happy.. or live a miserable life?

Best Answer