I'm confused about relationships, I want one however, I also want my independence. I don't want to be that person that has to tell some guy what I'm doing 24/7 and the mushy hand holding thing kind of freaks me out. I kind of just want to have one night stands and send them on their way. At the same time when I look at other peoples relationships and how happy they are I want that. Maybe I'm just weird ? Or scared of commitment?
Bria2737 Bria2737 18-21, F 10 Answers Jan 18 in Dating & Relationships

I'm confused about relationships too and I'm a married dad, how irresponsible is that? I really hear what you're saying. Go enjoy the company of people, romantic or otherwise. Don't think you have to enter into some sort of prolonged relationship, ever. Go break some hearts and have fun. It doesn't make you a **** or any other variety of awful things that our backwards society would have you believe. Nothing beautiful lasts forever anyway. Live it up.

Best Answer

"If I were you", I would just do what everyone else does. Remain confused.

Best Answer

Then stay single until you want a relationship. You are doing the right thing in self-analyzing yourself before going into one. It seems that your subconscious is telling you to explore life.

Best Answer

it's like you want something but then don't want it at the same time

Best Answer

Exactly I want a relationship but with out all the mushy clingy ness

Best Answer

I don't know why there's just so much insecurity in relationships.

Best Answer

I guess because they have been hurt before, but then again who hasn't ? But I guess I don't really count because then again I've never been in a relationship where I actually really cared for the person either, so it was very easy to move on.

Best Answer

Others happy? Don't believe it. There is public,then private.

Most long term relationships the people hate the other person.

Have fun. Don't commit. "Sworn to fun,loyal to none".

Best Answer

Me too!

That's why "Friends with Benefits" makes much more sense :)

Best Answer

But here is where the problem lies, I'm a virgin. I don't mind having a fwb but I don't want the first time to be a one night stand either. I've been tempted to throw it away many times however, I want to give it to someone that actually means something. It's just no one really peaks my interest emotionally.

Best Answer

the only thing you're "throwing away" is inexperience, Really good bed partners are not THAT plentiful BUT with discretion,they're easily discovered :)

Best Answer

But that morning after... I worry about the morning after and being filled with regret, having to do the walk of shame.

Best Answer

Shame? You've obviously been listening to too many sermons by guilt pedaling BOGUS preachers! Having sex is a normal body function to enjoy! Silly girl, It's NOT a sacred act! Lol :)

Best Answer

Yeah but then again you are a guy lol. Different mentality.

Best Answer

Mature attitudes are NOT rationed by gender dear :)

Best Answer

Well I wouldn't say you and I were immature, just have different view points.

Best Answer