Wasn't that back when TV's had VHF and UHF dials?

Best Answer

Haha pretty close

Best Answer

Phones were really high tech. They had push buttons numbers like a calculator. Wow!

Best Answer

I remember going from rotary to push button. The push button phones still worked like a rotary unless you paid the extra $2 a month for the touchtone upgrade. My parents wouldn't pay that so we got the "pulse" connection. So you push nine- you still have to wait for the series of clicks to catch up. We upgraded to touchtone in the early 90's-- by force of the phone company.

Best Answer

I remember a man coming through the house, form the phone company installing the knew phone jacks... instead of the four prong type.

Best Answer

yep.

Best Answer

Yes! I "pranked" a lady when I was 11,and now,55 years later,I still can hardly believe that I managed to pull it off.

Best Answer

Yeah they stick with you. My friends used to play a game where the winner is the one who can keep a random stranger on the phone the longest. We would spew out such non-sense to keep them talking.

You pretty much win if you get a little old lady. Good times.

Best Answer

The lady I'm referring to was around mid-30s - she lived in the area,I knew her by sight but she didn't know who I was,and I was impersonating an adult anyway.If she is still alive,she possibly still occasionally wonders who was behind the three mysterious calls she received way back in April 1960.

Best Answer

Do you remember POPCORN ?!

Best Answer

Vaguely, but I don't recall totally what it was. Refresh my memory....

Best Answer

You call and she tells you the time.

"The time is 4: 45 PM. And 27 seconds "

Hella automated lol

Best Answer

Oh yeah we used those all the time. Ours would go through an ad first- amazing we would endure all that to get the time of the day!

Best Answer

Do you have Prince Albert in a can?.....

Best Answer

Oh yes...we had so much fun! I even remember we had this phone book that had the families name in it including the kids with ages. We would call and pretend we were their long lost boyfriend/girlfriend. Oh to go back to those days!

Best Answer

My buddy lived across the street from a pay phone. He would wait for people to walk by and call it. They always answered it.
He would say "hey- I don't have time to waste, the money is at the bottom of the trash can to your left. Just take it and we'll be square"-- hang up.

Inevitably they end up rummaging in the garbage. Lol

Best Answer

That's a good one...never thought to do that lol

Best Answer

"Oh my god! Argentina just *69'd us!" - The Simpsons xD at least I think that was the quote ._.

Best Answer

Actually I think it might have been American Dad, nevermind :'(

Best Answer

it got me through swingshift many a nights

Best Answer