cpgnatly cpgnatly 41-45, M 13 Answers Dec 11, 2012 in Community

When the same people [conservatives], simultaneously say that minimum wage is too high, that unions need to be abolished, that racism doesn't exist, that feminism (equal rights for women) is wrong, and that same-sex marriage is wrong, it becomes very clear that they just hate and belittle anyone who isn't a rich traditional white guy.

Best Answer

They're lemmings that will keep right on marching over the cliff every time until reality slaps them in the face. That's why the party has become doomed sooner rather than later. Bunch of old folks who aren't quick on their feet and are becoming slower to change every day.

Best Answer

I read about the 1920s and 1930s. I don't want to go back.

Best Answer

We'll have to see how it goes, but they're gonna drag their feet kicking and screaming the entire way. Not exactly happy campers you expect a lot of sanity from.

Best Answer

Well, it's not that simple. It's not just predatory companies.. most of the legitimate issues that labor unions fought for in the 1930's (40 hr week, overtime, unemployment insurance) have been federal labor legislation for decades. What the parasitical unions like the teamsters and UAW do now is drive labor costs so high that companies are driven out of business, or forced to go overseas. They have outlived their dubious usefulness, in my opinion.

Best Answer

Then how did all the money get sucked up to the top again? Why are we right back where we were with money circulation in the early 1800s and the early 1900s? I don't think the unions have our money supply in the bank telling us to stop working.

Best Answer

Organized labor fought for that 40 hour week, overtime pay, paid vacations, health insurance, even public education. Many people in organized labor died fighting for those rights. The wages paid to workers at a plant are usually spent, not tucked away in a foreign bank account. money spent locally turns over an average of six times in a community. Your premise that high labor costs drive employers out of the country are baseless. Profit at all costs lure them out of the country. the day after the last labor union shuts its doors, people can kiss all the things I mentioned goodbye.

Best Answer

Starving people leads to war. We have failed to recycle our money flow and at our greed levels, people are doing to die in droves.

Best Answer

Because stupid *** Obama bailed the guilty parties out! Those that cannot compete should fail. That's the basic principle of capitalism. When you take away the great equalizer, then nothing works like it's supposed to.

Best Answer

Romney was going to do something different? If you ask me Obama is the slow sail into the whirlpool while Romney planned to steam full steam ahead right into the current. Two sides to the same coin. The government cannot fix this. I'm afraid we are approaching the threshold where war will have to replace the U.S. dollar with a new credit.

Best Answer

No argument there. But I saw the teamsters make big talk, and when the new england brass company shut it's doors, they split town with the strike funding in their pockets. They left town so fast that no one could even find any of the representatives that had been there every week collecting the effing $37 dollars. Do the math.. 1200 employees x $37.00 a week. Where did that money go? The labor unions are run by the mob. Still. It's something-for-nothing proposition!

Best Answer

Greed is a plague that will ruin us. I guess I better hop in the microwave and get used to constant radiation bombardment considering we have nukes now.

Best Answer

You touched it; Greed itself is the problem. There will NEVER be universal peace or freedom or fairness until greed is eliminated. It is the source of all war, hatred, want.

Best Answer

good luck with that

Best Answer

Lol i dont know why i accidentally read that as "removing onions in a recession"

Best Answer

Lol yeah, i actually laughed cause i LOVE onions

Best Answer

Yea the conservatives make it very clear who they are batting for.

Best Answer

I think it's funny the fiscal cliff didn't show up until the Republicans didn't get the Presidential seat in the U.S. It was no coincidence.

Best Answer

What can you expect, the current crop of 'republicans' are stupid and no in way should be called conservatives. Granted I love right to work but not because I hate unions, trying to remove them now is a very stupid decision.

Best Answer

The removal of unions,along with other changes favouring the rich,are a pathway to removing the human rights act,their ultimate aim to enable a world fitter than ever for them,and unfit for the rest of us.

Best Answer

A waste of time and money in MI. It will all be reversed after the next state election cycle when the GOP governor and legislators are given the boot. Right to work is a lie. anybody that says differently has no idea what they are talking about. A union at a plant must provide the same services to the non-dues paying employees as dues-paying employees, including pay increase negotiations and grievances.

Best Answer