now that's hypocritical!
tommiatkins tommiatkins 51-55, M 12 Answers Apr 28 in Politics

Yeah, and he was endorsed and vetted by the tea party, the same group that's full of nativists, racists, and the "speak english or you kin git out!" crowd. Hilarious.

Best Answer

I heard he was gay OMG

Best Answer

It's not confirmed, it may just be a rumor, though I wouldn't be surprised.

Best Answer

Oh my God! You mean to tell me, that republicans commit crimes too? Please say it isn't so!

Best Answer

"I'll break you inhalf like a boy" I know...let's put him in office, he's very upstanding!

Best Answer
Best Answer

Don't forget her threatened to throw that reporter off the senate balcony.

Best Answer

really, that was him?

Best Answer
Best Answer

thanks, just rewatched it...he is a scary guy. His girlfriend was implicated for lying about doners to his campaign...Isn't it wierd to cheat your low wage help to get elected so you vcan eliminate assistance to the underpaid?

Best Answer

It's easier when they have no legal recourse.

Best Answer

I guess Nancy cleans her house before that. But I have not seen what your talking about.

Best Answer

New Yourk Congressman, ex FBI agent too

Best Answer

Well I hope the Republicans keep it up. I would hate to see they are blamed in 6 to years from what Obama and hillary has done. I will not for them aways.

Best Answer

Yep, he has some problems. Too many , both Republicans and Democrats, have lots of skeletons. All politicians from NJ evidently have problems.

Best Answer

Who is the congressman?

Best Answer

And California Senator LeLand Yee (D-San Francisco) was arrest and charged with arms trafficking, your point?

Best Answer

this guy was hiring illegal alians and cheating them out of their wages, and they are always complaining about the illegal workers.

Best Answer

that was real dumb of him but isn't as broad as all the right wingers who employ illegals all over the country.

Best Answer

When republicans get caught flouting the same values they got elected on like "family values", "traditional marriage", or "enforcing our immigration laws" and they get caught cheating, or doing a homosexual act, or hiring illegal immigrants it hits them MUCH harder than it does when democrats do it. Secondly if there was a pattern of Democrats who supported gun control getting caught trafficking arms we'd be harder on them, but there IS a strong pattern of Republicans breaking the very same principles they claim to uphold.

Best Answer

So a strong voice for gun control being involved with the sale and trafficking of RPGs isn't worse? What a strange world you live in

Best Answer

So, a democrat being involved with the trafficking of RPGs isn't worse? What a strange world you live you in.

Best Answer

Why would you assume that all Democrats run on an anti gun platform? That is not even close to the truth, but his taking money from gun runners is a very criminal act if it is proven to be such. I thought we were discussing the man who wants to "break a reporter like a little boy" and throw him over the statehouse railing?

Best Answer

Nope, I am talking about the guy that tried to broker a deal for 2 million dollars in weapons (which would include the shoulder fired missiles purchased from Islamic rebels in the Philippines) with an undercover federal agent.

Best Answer

I know, but this topic isn't about that, he's on his own with that, it's not like the majority of republicans who are attacking illegals and then hire them as domestic servants, farm workers, yard help, resturant help. That's id what this topic is about.

Best Answer

Really? The majority? I'd love to see some proof of that

Best Answer

A majority of them are attacking illegal workers, specifically

Best Answer

So, the majority oppose something but only a few are hypocritical about it? What happened to "all the right wingers who employ illegals all over the country."?

Best Answer

Why is it so common to begin a discussion about a right wing candidate with criminal issues and end up having to defend all sorts of diversional topics?

Best Answer

I explained my point, and you must be able to comprenhend the essence. Do you want to make a federal case out of some missing punctuation, or do you diasgree that this guy is being hypocratical in his political position? Let me just say that "a majority of the people who are hiring illegal allians in this country are most likely conservative voters" argue that!

Best Answer

your argument has fizzled out, like most conservative discussions, go defend the congressman from New York. You know my points and have failed to make yours.

Best Answer

Missing punctuation? I was simply pointing out that you claimed right wingers hiring illegals was a rampant problem before changing your argument to 'why are you changing the subject, we are talking about one guy" invalidating your previous point.

Best Answer

You have no point, the point you attempted to make was 'all conservatives are hypocrites when it comes to illegal aliens' but you failed miserably.

Best Answer

No, my point is that this guy got caught under paying illegal help and used the stolen money to pay for campaign ads which were linked to the T party and his positions to deport illegal allians. Did you miss any of that? You decided to move it over to a guns for cash issue, and I said that's a diversionary topic...remember? Then I said more republicans are hiring illegal allians. right?

Best Answer

How exactly is giving an example of another politician being incredibly hypocritical diversionary? It is called a counterpoint, Leland Yee was a "The veteran Democrat, an advocate for gun control and campaign finance reform in Sacramento, is now one of about two dozen people charged in a sprawling racketeering case brought by the U.S. attorney's office in San Francisco (CNN)" which is pretty much the Democratic version of this story (with the obvious exception that the Conservative wasn't dealing in shoulder fired missiles). Are you new to this debate thing

Best Answer

..meaning you aren't answering my point without pointing out the case of one democrat, and ignoring the thousands of republicans who are hiring mexican workers...GET IT?

Best Answer

Thousands of republicans are hiring illegal immigrants? I ask a gain, where is the proof? Also, a counterpoint is answering your question was basically (even though it was more of a statement meaning it doesn't belong in the Q&A section) 'What do you think of this hypocrite on the right?' to witch my response was 'This hypocrite on the left is 10 times worse'. So, are you new to this whole debate thing?

Best Answer

*which

Best Answer

HA ha ha ha..HA ha ha ha..HA ha ha ha..HA ha ha ha..you really think thousands of well to do republicans only hire us citizens? there isn't any proof needed, you can just try to disprove it!
And you are not debating by holding up your one example of an arm intrapment issue, since he's not proven guilty yet. You are just trying to shift the discussion, just answer the question, isn't he being a hypocrite? (it's ok if you want to continue denying your right wing defense of this guy, it is a common as daylight for the right to do so by putting up *** fot tat to avoid the guilt) Here are just a few we can counter with...OK?

California's Arnold Schwarzenegger is so much bigger than other public figures that it takes a whole web site to cover his [immorality: AND corruption: www.ArnoldExposed.com
[corruption:] Connecticut's John Rowland resigned in disgrace and was sentenced to Federal prison after being convicted of corruption in 2004. Also involved with his crimes were the state Treasurer, Paul Sylvester, and Ben Andrews, the former longtime leader of the Connecticut chapter of the N.A.A.C.P., which shows why kind of African Americans become Republican politicians.
[corruption:] Ohio's Bob Taft III pleaded no contest in Aug. 2005 to charges that he violated state ethics laws, becoming the first governor in the state's history to be convicted of a crime.
[corruption:] Kentucky's Ernie Fletcher indicted in job scandal in May, 2006. Like Republican Gov, of Arkansas, Fletcher was an ordained Baptist minister.
[corruption:] Illinois George Ryan was found guilty by a federal jury of all 18 counts or bribery and corruption against him, ending an historic, marathon public corruption trial in April 2006, and he was sentenced in Sept. to 6 1/2 years in prison.
Corrupt state and local Republican politicos :

[ immorality] In the Fall of 2009, yet another conservative Christian Republican fell from grace. Assemblymen Michael Duvall, from Yorba Linda, CA., made the mistake of bragging before a "hot mike" to a fellow legislator, about his sexual conquests with female lobbyists, at "the head table" of a legislative hearing room, . This champion opponent of gay equality was a married man with two children who had earned a 100% rating for good Christian family values organizations. Now, he's joined the cavalcade of disgraced hypocritical Republican former politiicians.
[immorality:] Republican activist Marty Glickman (a.k.a. "Republican Marty"): used to demonstrate in front of the Capital in Tallahassee, FL, with large signs and banners, denouncing the "filthy morals" of Bill Clinton. Not long after Bill left office, Republican Marty was arrested for having extended, multiple sexual contacts between himself and two girls, aged 13-14, delivering the drug LSD. On the way to the Police Station, he keeled over dead in the Police car, after downing the contents of a bottle of drain cleaner.
[corruption:] Former Alaska state Rep. Vic Kohring was convicted in Nov. 2007 on three of four counts of corruption for selling influence to Veco Corp. executives. A federal jury found him guilty of conspiracy, attempted extortion and bribery. [ http://www.adn.com/news/politics/fbi/kohring/story/9418965p-9335214c.html ]
[corruption:] Former Speaker of the Alaska House, Pete Kott, was found guilty on three of the four charges brought against him. On December 7, 2007 he was sentenced to six years in prison
[corruption:] Fomer Alaska Republican state Representative Vic Kohring was sentenced last week to 42 months in prison for taking bribes as part of a scheme to keep Alaska oil taxes down. In November 2007 a jury convicted Kohring of bribery, attempted extortion, and conspiracy for soliciting and receiving multiple cash payments from executives of VECO Corporation,
[corruption:] Tom Anderson was convicted on seven counts of conspiracy and bribery on July 9th, 2007. On October 15th, he was sentenced to five years in prison.
[corruption:] Ben Stevens, the son of extremely powerful U.S. Sen. Ted Stevens was appointed to the Alaska State Senate in August 2001, was the Majority Leader for the 2003-2004 term, and the President for the 2005-2006 term, and did not seek re-election in November 2006, when he was under investigation for corruption. Charges were still pending as of Nov. 2007. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Stevens.
[immorality:] Republican California Assemblyman Steve Samuelian, who ran as a "conservative's conservative" and is a married man, has been caught by police a second time (first time in1998) attempting to solicit sex from prostitutes in Fresno,California.
[immorality:] Republican activist Randal David Ankeney, arrested on suspicion of sexual assault on a child with force. He faces 6 charges related to getting a 13-year-old girl stoned on pot and then having sex with her. Also accused of sexually assaulting another girl.
Gay sex scandal rocks Spokane
By Chris McGann and Kathy Mulady
Seattle Post-Intelligencer reporters
Friday, May 6, 2005
Spokane Mayor Jim West, who championed an anti-gay agenda during his tenure as one of the most powerful Republicans in the Legislature, admitted to using the trappings of his current office to entice what he thought was a young adult man, but denied allegations that he molested two young boys more than 20 years ago.
West confirmed to The Spokesman-Review of Spokane that he offered gifts, favors and a City Hall internship during Internet chats with a man he believed was 18. The online pen pal was actually a forensic computer expert working for the newspaper. After the story hit the newsstands yesterday, West sent city staffers a remorseful e-mail. . .
In more than 20 years in the Legislature, West had initiated legislation to outlaw sexual contact between consenting teenagers; supported a bill that would have barred gays and lesbians from working for schools, day care centers and some state agencies; voted to define marriage as a union between a man and a woman; and, as Senate majority leader, allowed a bill that would ban discrimination against gays and lesbians to die in committee without a hearing.
As Spokane mayor, West threatened to veto a measure extending benefits to domestic partners of city employees."
[ from http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/223201_west06.html ]
20 years earlier Spokane was rocked with a huge scandal in which a police officer and boy scout leader was under investigation for molesting a number of boys, but committed suicide before he could be prosecuted. At that time the very close partner of that man, as both police officer and boy scout leader, Jim West, was not suspected of wrong-doing. West went on to become a very conservative Republican legislator and then Mayor of Spokane.

Best Answer

Dammmm, that's some list of crooks!!! SOW, where's the King Rat, Tricky ****?

Best Answer

So you can't provide any proof of the 'majority' of republicans employing illegal aliens? So in a fit you try to change the argument (the argument that you originally used)? Coincidentally, this has answered the question I have asked twice, you must be very new to political debating. You basically just said 'I can't prove my own claim so let me change the subject'. You also make the hilarious claim "he's not proven guilty yet" ignoring the fact that the Republican you originally mentioned in your question is also yet to be found guilty. You are entitled to your views, but you should really learn how to debate to avoid making your side look bad.

Best Answer

Looks like he is debating in the the same way as you tried, gives you more examples of dispicable republicans. By your own methods..enjoy!

Best Answer

I gave a direct (and recent) comparison to the exact case he was talking about.

Best Answer

That is hardly the case, he has served for many yearsa with no impropities. You are confusing the business as usual crime family of the right wing.
And do not misconstrue my words, "I said more republicans are hiring illegal allians" and I am standing by the point that more Republicans will hire illegal than any other political group. If you doubt that look at the industries that are recruiting them into the big packing business, bet those companies don't support Obama, wanna bet?

Best Answer

You seem to be confusing conjecture with fact, you really need to learn how to debate.

Best Answer

right is right no matter what your style, these people you support are all wrong, crooks and tax dodgers, get over it!

Best Answer

You don't know what "conjecture" means do you?

Best Answer

I can't possibly imagine what you think you have established here for an argument? I see big business hiring illegal alians and argueing to deport them, and you can only say I am using conjecture, is that an argument? Did you think the farmers were democrats, that hire the fruit pickers? Did you think the republicans who were convicted of breaking the laws they had passed was some kind of conjecture? Did you think that threatening to break a reporter like a little boy and throw him over the railing was some strange sort of conjecture??? You have no argument!!!

Best Answer

I asked for proof, you failed to provide it yet continued to make the same claims, that is the definition of conjecture. One day you may figure out this whole debate thing, sadly today is obviously not that day.

Best Answer

sad for you, you have no way to defend the tax cheat T party fraud, except to bring up some other politition's misconduct....why did you even start in this?

Best Answer

My defense? At least he wasn't hocking shoulder fired missiles, you don't seem to have a valid response for that. Why did you start saying that the majority of republicans profit off of illegal aliens if you can't back it up(that is the definition of "conjecture", look it up)?

Best Answer

This is such a typical ploy of the less able argument, attack the method of argument, distract from the subject insignificant details. Attack the presenter, demean the the topic points by bringing up unrelated examples that have no revelance to the discussion and above all never admit that you have lost. goodbye

Best Answer

It is cute how you actually think you know how to debate a topic, it is okay, you can pic up your toys and go home if you want. Maybe one day you will learn to debate like an adult.

Best Answer

nice try loser

Best Answer

What a wonderfully mature remark that has shaken me to my very core. Also, nice job sticking to your convictions (you said "goodbye" but you couldn't let me get the last word in). I will leave you with just one question, when exactly did I attack you ("Attacking the presenter")? I never insulted you, called you name, tracked you down on another question to troll you (that was like handing me the intellectual high ground gift wrapped with a bow). So when exactly did I attack you?

Best Answer
Best Answer
Best Answer

Your repeatedly asking "Are you new to this debate thing" is insulting the opponet, and is off topic, agreed?

Best Answer

That doesn't answer my question, when exactly did I "Attack" you? Also, link 1: "Christian Science" is enough, link 2: if you did further research on the bill you would know that many of the jobs given amnesty are ones where the employer is often unaware of the immigration status of their employee, link 3: you obviously didn't read all the way through and link 4: the title doesn't even fit. The article is no about "fortune 500 companies" but rather much lower tier regional managers. It also does nothing to distinguish which political party the owner of these corporations is a member of. What is next? Are you going to complain about Hobby Lobby investing in the company that makes the "Plan B" pill and ignore the fact that they are a global leader in generic drug manufacturing? Or that they also invested in Pfizer even though they make drugs used in abortions ignoring the fact that they are also one of the largest pharmaceutical research companies in the world?

Best Answer

My comments regarding your debate skills are based on absolute fact, not conjecture, therefore they are not insults but statements of fact.

Best Answer

They are so attacks when repeated in the manner they were, and since they are irrelavant to this dicsussion. You on the other hand have continued to insist that off topic items need to be held up to some odd "conjecture standard" of yours.

Best Answer

So you can now prove to me that fortune 500 companies are run by democrates right?

Best Answer

They are irrelevant eh? Do driving skill are irrelevant on the highway? Swimming skills are irrelevant in the middle of a lake? We are debating (you can say we are discussing but in reality we are debating), therefore your debate skills are quite relevant. Do you really not know what the word conjecture means?

Best Answer

OHHH PLEASE! what an rediculous diversion? Does a boxer stop in the middle of a match to critique his opponents method? This is just one more ploy at avoiding the fact that republican are hypocrites, you are the king of diversion, ha ha ha goodbye forever!

Best Answer

If you really want to insult my vocabulary you need to choose more complex words that conjecture, as you can see I have been using it in previous comments...so tiresome.

Best Answer
Best Answer

You have been questioning my use of it in your previous comments, but my usage was 100% correct...............So do you know what it means?

Best Answer

Why would you suppose I don't? Is it not conjecture that you imagine I would throw out on provable comments, or that I may choose to conjecture you only lke to argue pointlessly?

Best Answer

What is this another insult, are you posing for me in your little bulldog bonnet? Chew on this!
http://www.marketplace.org/topics/wealth-poverty/special-report-raiteros/major-american-companies-benefit-undocumented-workers

Best Answer

con·jec·ture [kuhn-jek-cher] Show IPA
noun
1.
the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.
2.
an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.
3.
Obsolete . the interpretation of signs or omens.
verb (used with object), con·jec·tured, con·jec·tur·ing.
4.
to conclude or suppose from grounds or evidence insufficient to ensure reliability
You can't provide proof of a "majority" of conservatives hiring illegal aliens, therefore your evidence is insufficient, ergo you statement is the definition of conjecture. There, now you know, and now you will see that my usage of the word was 100% correct. Also, once again you say goodbye ("goodbye forever" yet you keep responding. Your words carry so much conviction..........

Best Answer

You are not addressing the debate, I refuse to answer such childish diversions...do you know what incompetent means?

in·com·pe·tent
inˈkämpətənt,iNG-/Submit
adjective
1.
not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.
"a forgetful and utterly incompetent assistant"
synonyms: inept, unskillful, unskilled, inexpert, amateurish, unprofessional, bungling, blundering, clumsy, inadequate, substandard, inferior, ineffective, deficient, inefficient, ineffectual, wanting, lacking, leaving much to be desired; More
LAW
not qualified to act in a particular capacity.
"the patient is deemed legally incompetent"
MEDICINE
(especially of a valve or sphincter) not able to perform its function.
noun
noun: incompetent; plural noun: incompetents
1.
an incompetent person.

Best Answer

You directly question my usage of the word conjecture yet when I explain exactly why I was correct in using it I am being diversionary? On a side note, your last link regarding the Ty plush toy company, that company's founder and sole owner is notoriously secretive regarding his personal life and his political views are unknown at this time. Do you even read your links before you attempt to use them in a debate?

Best Answer

That's politics.

Best Answer

Result = a slap on the wrist from his criminal buddies and then back to business as normal

Best Answer