He is the only one I've heard say anything about the constitution and people having the right to do what they want and he gets the least votes, Why? Every other canidate only talks about things that you know once they get in office is going right out the window.
thomasedwin thomasedwin 46-50, M 15 Answers Mar 8, 2012

Because the political hacks who control the Democrat and Republican parties have brainwashed people into thinking government is the answer to all of their problems, rather than the cause of many of those problems. Government is like fire; properly controlled, it is very useful, but it must be controlled else it can devour everything you have.

Best Answer

It's because he DOES support restoring the Constitution that he gets fewer votes. The big money interests that support the other candidates do not want Americans to have any rights anymore.

Best Answer

The guy has a bad problem with a lot of newsletters under his name with a lot of racist stuff in them. He claims someone else wrote them - and i can take that at face value - but unfortunately I know the media wouldn't. Should he get the nomination, he would be destroyed. Everyone in the GOP party establishment and most voters interested in winning in November know this.<br />
Add in what has been called the "Paul is God" element - that group of advocates so enthusiastic for Paul that they remind one of wild eyed cultists - and you'll see another reason why many republicans are turned off. As one man put it while comparing the Paul cultists to the Obama cultists from the other side "I already have a savior...I don't need another." Some of those people at the Washington caucus were downright scary and more than one person voiced the opinion they must have been sent by democrats to disrupt the proceedings.<br />
Personally, I like Paul. At 77 I think he's perhaps too old for President. I'd like for him to get a spot in the new administration.

Best Answer

I think it's because it doesn't matter, really, the difference between democrat or republican-- they both only want a two party system and people like Ron Paul upset their apple cart. It's no longer about what the people want with those two parties-- now it's every man for himself on the backs of the American people; that's the only thing dems and republicans in office agree on. So, they, and the media, because they're all in bed together, ignore any third party candidate. <br />
I want real change; I want a third party. I think Ron Paul symbolizes change better than the last presidential hopeful talking about change. Funny, though, how change involves actually adhering to our Constitution...

Best Answer

I don't believe that he is the only one that wants to cleave to the constitution. I do think that if he is the candidate for either the republicans or on a third party ticket it would assure an 0bama win, and if past performance is an indicator, of all the candidates 0bama is the least likely to support the constitution.

Best Answer

because voters in these primaries are idiots.

Best Answer

Because libertarianism is a nice theory, but stupid in practice. <br />
`1. Protection and regulation is nice. Paul favours deregulation policies which would leave people at the mercy of the corporations. The invisible hand is damn lazy when it comes to protecting consumers. <br />
2. Investment is good for the economy. the strict budget Paul wants would leave things like infrastructure and R&D on the wayside. If you let things like that slip, you usually end up paying dearly for it in the future. (Things like electricity and water triple in price as they try to keep up with the population demands after years of neglected infrastructure investment).<br />
3. The lack of compassion. I want there to be safety nets for the homeless and sick. I don't want to see people die because they can't afford their doctors bills or a roof over their heads.

Best Answer

I agree with you that these are the drawbacks of Ron Paul's ideas. But Paul is the only guy who seems to really care about restoring the Constitution and what it stands for. He seems to be the only one with any ideas about bringing back more personal freedom.

Best Answer

I can't countenance the means it would take to get those freedoms.

Best Answer

I can, when I hear about things like the million dollar lottery winner collecting welfare it makes my blood boil. I could smile all day if such things were brought to an end. But the truth is that politicians are afraid of loosing their vote.

Best Answer

Notice they leave him out of the news too?

Best Answer

Because it only benefits the average people, the ones who want and need it. There's nothing in it for the Rich, Famous, and Politicians.

Best Answer

So, Isn't there way more average people than there are rich, famous and politicians? Are you saying the top richest % controls the vote of the rest?

Best Answer

Yes, but unfortunately that's the way it is. Do you really think our votes count? It's decided by the electoral college, and their agendas supported by the rich.

Best Answer

Marioslove - Please do a little research on the electorial college. It's not some deep dark secret society. It's a system designed to give some balance between large and small states and city and farm economies within our overall system. Without it, our country probably would have been torn apart as soon as the tipping point came when more people moved to cities than stayed on farms to produce food.

Best Answer

Thank you TwylaMarie!

Best Answer

I do my research and in essence your answer is true, I stand by my opinion

Best Answer