No, Reagan gave aid to the Mujahadin to aid in repelling the Soviets who attacked and occupied Afghanistan without provocation. The Taliban originated in Pakistan, and moved in AFTER the Soviets gave up and left.<br /><br />If you're going to snark, at least try to get a few facts straight.

Best Answer

:) we could say olli did it

Best Answer

What do you suppose became of the Muhadjin after the US got done with them?

Best Answer

How about YOU add some accurate info, I'm not your researcher.

Best Answer

DarknessCalls you beat me to it :) Why do so many tend only look at history from the view point of the present. It is so blinkered to take a small and slightly wrong snippet and just run with it especially when knowing why it isnt a good thing now but not acknowledging why it seemed to be a good thing to do at the time

Best Answer

Maybe it's because I remember just what was going on and just how brutal the Soviets were. When they invaded, Carter's big move was to politicize to Olympics. We didn't want to get involved in a war with them, so what we did was arm those resisting an unprovoked invasion. It was the right thing to do despite the fact of how it turned out. We had NO way of knowing that the Taliban would move in, or just how much our help would end up biting us in the backside. Hindsight, as they say is 20-20

Best Answer

I didn't ask you to do my research for me. I was basically calling you an idiot for not knowing the whole story. The taliban is part of the Mujahideen.

Best Answer

ROFLMAO, hey sparky, the first rule about being in a hole is you should stop digging. The Taliban originated in PAKISTAN, not Afghanistan, and were NEVER part of the mujahadin. The Taliban did not move in until the 1990s, not 1985, you nescient, puerile, homunculus.

Best Answer

The Taliban are one of the mujahideen ("holy warriors" or "freedom fighters") groups that formed during the war against the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan (1979-89). After the withdrawal of Soviet forces, the Soviet-backed government lost ground to the mujahideen. In 1992, Kabul was captured and an alliance of mujahideen set up a new government with Burhanuddin Rabbani as interim president. However, the various factions were unable to cooperate and fell to fighting each other. Afghanistan was reduced to a collection of territories held by competing warlords.
Read more: The Taliban — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/taliban.html#ixzz1ioDeodxr
The taliban helped fight the soviets dummy.

Best Answer

You should do some reading sometime.

Best Answer

They didnt rule over afghanistan until after the nineties but they were there before the nineties.

Best Answer

I do read, and my books, unlike yours, do not require crayons to fully experience them. Oh, and bty, your last screed just invalidated your own point. So, which is is now, did Reagan give aid to the Taliban, or were they not in control at the time? You've said both, you repulsive little troglodyte.

Best Answer

I didnt say they were in control.

Best Answer

Ah, so you were deliberately lying. Thank you, I knew we'd get to the bottom of this.

Best Answer

you had said they moved in afterwards and that is wrong. You had said they did not move into afghanistan until the nineties, that is also wrong.

Best Answer

please tell me where I had said they were in control?

Best Answer

So either way you have agreed with DarknessCalls that it was all done to fight the Soviets? The Americans funded people to fight the Soviets because they werent to dirty their hands. Exactly what is your point to all this? Are we going for the positive of the time that Reagan was helping people to defend themselvesand fight for what is right or are you going for the side of America brought it on themselves for using other countries or that everything that happens now is Reagans fault for giving them money etc? What exactly is your view point or did you just stumble across an interesting thought for the day in a new diary or something and decide to post it up in Q&amp;A to see what response you would get as its really rather old news now

Best Answer

They came in and took control in the nineties, that is true. The fact that there were a few of that PAKISTANI organization in there previously is nonsense

Best Answer

You said Reagan gave arms to the Taliban. Did he look for the Pakistanis who had crossed the boarder? Your a liar, and a bad one at that.

Best Answer

You are bringing up issues that really have nothing to do with my question littleredshoes. The Taliban group started in pakistan yes but was started by Afghan refugees and YES there were loosely formed groups in certain regions of afghanistan calling themselves taliban.

Best Answer

Groups of taliban were loosely organized on a regional basis during the occupation and civil war. Although they represented a potentially huge force, they didn't emerge as a united entity until the taliban of Kandahar made their move in 1994
Read more: The Taliban — Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/spot/taliban.html#ixzz1ioJc917e

Best Answer

1000 American STINGER MISSILES to the mujahadeen which consisted of many "Taliban" soldiers.

Best Answer

"MANY" eh? ROFLMAO, hey sparky, HOW MANY? 5? 15? What percentage of the mujahadin crept over from Pakistan? How many were Taliban? How many of those were in leadership positions? Please stop, you've already hit rock bottom, and now you are starting to dig.,

Best Answer

I wasnt bring up points that have nothing to do with your question but was asking what exactly your question is and seeking some kind of understanding as to why you are asking this question now. It does not read as a genuine question so has left me confused as to what kind of response you are seeking

Best Answer

LRS, Yep, I felt the same way, that's why I'm busting him on it.

Best Answer

I'm glad its not just me. I know at times I can become confused rather easily but I felt I was having a good grey matter day today

Best Answer

Yeah, this was an obvious loaded question, right along the lines of 'do you still beat your wife?'

Best Answer

After flicking through some questions I see you have encountered this person before. A loaded question along the lines of should we help the mentally ill or just eliminate them. The fact is it appears that this person may be throwing out aged ideas and pieces of history in a way that is seen as inflammatory to deliberately provoke a reaction so as to then be able to sit back and play the victim either in an attempt to gain attention or more likely a poor attempt at pop psychology to get people to look at themselves and why they reacted so strongly to the question when the askers view had not been expressed. If that proves to be the case they are very poor at it and it is no wonder they will not respond as to what the actual question is as explanation would make it impossible for misunderstanding which creates the feelings of superiority that such people thrive on. (Note the use of appears and may in my response as I do not know this person and am merely stating my view point)

Best Answer

lol glad you added to the detail then, cause he didn't believe in them he financed them :)the Taliban served a purpose in the 80's, i believe the Russians were in Afghanistan, and because their was no 'heat' america couldnt be seen to be doing anything bad, so they used the Taliban... hence the animosity that exists to day for being used and abandoned

Best Answer

Because we have our own opinions. When did he say that?

Best Answer

Because Americas politics and moral standing is fluid.

Best Answer

He was a wise man, people of faith can't be bad.

Best Answer

He wanted to ban our Talis?!?!?

Best Answer