luvlymi luvlymi 56-60, F 18 Answers Sep 15, 2012 in Community

use lavander soap smells good helps with the fleas!

Best Answer

lavendar will kill cats

Best Answer

I've heard garlic pills are good for repelling fleas

Best Answer

That will poison the cat

Best Answer

The cat needs a flea bath, and then comb the dead fleas out of her fur. This will also help to remove the oil. Follow up the flea bath by putting a flea collar on him or her.<br />
Then remove all of the cats bedding and litter box as it will likely be infested with fleas. Your furniture and other areas where the cat normally lays might also be infested, as may be the carpets. You might wish to call in an exterminator.

Best Answer

There are many different shampoos available, quite possibly spray versions as well

Best Answer

Skip the stupid homeopathic cures and go shell out the $45. for advantix.. it's the only thing that really works. One application as directed, and fleas are history, and the cat relaxes immediately!

Best Answer

There's a loaded question

Best Answer

LOL!! I was like, "What the...?"

Best Answer

I've been going through a flea issue with one of my cats and coconut oil seems to help her the most actually...been trying Advantage/Frontline off and on as well as bathing sometimes in the natural flea treatments, the coconut oil I think worked best yet didn't last...I imagine it would take some time for kitties skin to heal. I have kids so am very wary of the chemical stuff, yet having fleas around royally sucks too...appreciate all the tips people have, I am sprinkling garlic powder on their food too...hopefully some combination of coconut oil and garlic will work, haven't added the yeast yet.

Best Answer

get a new cat

Best Answer

Lol... This one owns me!

Best Answer

olive oil works

Best Answer

Oh wow~ she needs a flea dip

Best Answer

Give it time.

Best Answer

Seems like she's scratching less.

Best Answer

:-) and the coconut oil is healthy for her also!

Best Answer

I think a flea bath would have been more effective. I mean aren't the fleas still in the hair if you just use oil? Still, the bites will itch for a while even if fleas are dead so you have to put something on to stop the itch.

Best Answer

The oil is supposed to sooth the bitten skin and kill the fleas although i am not sure why it would be harmless to cats and toxic to fleas.

Best Answer

a lot of the oil products suffocate certain bugs...but they don't get rid of the eggs, maybe that's it. I think the cat would have rather had the bath because being greasy sounds uncomfortable....you can use benedryl spray just for the itchy ness...I guess that might be hard on a long hair....might just have to dip him.

Best Answer

I have no fleas in my home, I use no toxic chemicals on my animals, I have no other insects in my home... how do I do this? Diatomaceous earth! I put it behind all the large appliances and furniture, by all entrances into the house, around the perimeter of each room, in/on pet beds and areas, and a light sprinkling on the carpets, plus inside every box that stores anything made of paper, cotton, linen, etc. One caveat, it will save photos from being destroyed by silverfish, but it'll mar the surface so enclose any loose photos in zip lock bags or small boxes and only sprinkle it on the bottom of the packing box or on enclosed bags and smaller boxes of photos. Diatomaceous earth - FOOD QUALITY ONLY - will kill every bug out there, they cannot become immune to it because it's a mechanical action (it makes micro cuts in their exoskeleton causing them to dehydrate and die) not an ingested one and you only need one product, not one for fleas, one for ants, one for spiders, etc; it's totally nontoxic to people and pets and is actually good for your health when you take it internally. Put it in your potato bin, on your bunch bananas, and sprinkle it in you garbage can, both the kitchen and outside one so it'll kill any bugs who want to take up residence there. If you look it up on the Web you'll find many uses for it and it'll save you money, especially if you buy it in bulk. I do and I'm so in love with the stuff I give small ziplock bags of it to friends and neighbors so they can experience the benefits too. If you live in an apartment definitely give some to your immediate neighbors so they won't have bugs that'll migrate into your place. You can buy it online, at feed stores, some pet supply stores, pet groomers, etc. Use Diatomaceous earth and you won't have any bugs in your home, garage, barn... anywhere! Just PLEASE don't give garlic to cats, they are not the same as dogs and it's not really safe for them either. Look up foods, plants, and household products that are toxic to cats/dogs/etc so you don't accidentally poison your babies! You can also clean your whole house with natural products that have been around for centuries, ones that thoroughly clean, kill bacteria, viruses, mold, etc and won't harm your family or pets. Be safe and pass on the advice; it's good to save money, have a safer home and planet instead of giving your money to large corporations for pet and household products that are made in labs and poison us. And before poo-pooing this, a smart person will educate him/herself before making a decision one way or another, but remember this... big businesses want your money so they will tell you anything! Check on the facts as to how many pets are accidentally killed each year by Veterinary medicines and vaccines! Holistic veterinarians might cost more - for things you can't treat at home yourself - but they don't have as many pet fatalities. All veterinarians love animals, but Holistic ones go a step further in protecting them while treating them. When we adopt a pet it should be for their whole, long, healthy life so do everything you can educate yourself (the Internet is great for this) so you can enjoy your baby for their maximum alloted years.

Best Answer

Comb the cat with a flea comb and the fleas will be less able to jump out of it.<br />
I have had bad experiences with store flea products like baths and sprays as far as being ineffective and making a cat a little sick. First, fleas can drown, so a soap bath and a toxic bath are equally effective if you wash the cat carefully. No need to wash off the oil, the cat will do that. <br />
You can't kill all the fleas but you can clean all the flea dirt. Larval fleas eat the poop of the adults, so if you wash or comb your cat often enough, no more flea dirt, no new fleas. With a spray of borax and water you can eliminate flea eggs in carpet and bedding, use it as a softener in your laundry. It also makes your carpets slightly fire retardant, so that is good too.

Best Answer