luvlymi luvlymi 56-60, F 17 Answers Sep 15, 2012 in Community

use lavander soap smells good helps with the fleas!

Best Answer

I've heard garlic pills are good for repelling fleas

Best Answer

That will poison the cat

Best Answer

The cat needs a flea bath, and then comb the dead fleas out of her fur. This will also help to remove the oil. Follow up the flea bath by putting a flea collar on him or her.<br />
Then remove all of the cats bedding and litter box as it will likely be infested with fleas. Your furniture and other areas where the cat normally lays might also be infested, as may be the carpets. You might wish to call in an exterminator.

Best Answer

There are many different shampoos available, quite possibly spray versions as well

Best Answer

Skip the stupid homeopathic cures and go shell out the $45. for advantix.. it's the only thing that really works. One application as directed, and fleas are history, and the cat relaxes immediately!

Best Answer

There's a loaded question

Best Answer

LOL!! I was like, "What the...?"

Best Answer

I've been going through a flea issue with one of my cats and coconut oil seems to help her the most actually...been trying Advantage/Frontline off and on as well as bathing sometimes in the natural flea treatments, the coconut oil I think worked best yet didn't last...I imagine it would take some time for kitties skin to heal. I have kids so am very wary of the chemical stuff, yet having fleas around royally sucks too...appreciate all the tips people have, I am sprinkling garlic powder on their food too...hopefully some combination of coconut oil and garlic will work, haven't added the yeast yet.

Best Answer

get a new cat

Best Answer

Lol... This one owns me!

Best Answer

olive oil works

Best Answer

Oh wow~ she needs a flea dip

Best Answer

Give it time.

Best Answer

Seems like she's scratching less.

Best Answer

:-) and the coconut oil is healthy for her also!

Best Answer

I think a flea bath would have been more effective. I mean aren't the fleas still in the hair if you just use oil? Still, the bites will itch for a while even if fleas are dead so you have to put something on to stop the itch.

Best Answer

The oil is supposed to sooth the bitten skin and kill the fleas although i am not sure why it would be harmless to cats and toxic to fleas.

Best Answer

a lot of the oil products suffocate certain bugs...but they don't get rid of the eggs, maybe that's it. I think the cat would have rather had the bath because being greasy sounds uncomfortable....you can use benedryl spray just for the itchy ness...I guess that might be hard on a long hair....might just have to dip him.

Best Answer

Comb the cat with a flea comb and the fleas will be less able to jump out of it.<br />
I have had bad experiences with store flea products like baths and sprays as far as being ineffective and making a cat a little sick. First, fleas can drown, so a soap bath and a toxic bath are equally effective if you wash the cat carefully. No need to wash off the oil, the cat will do that. <br />
You can't kill all the fleas but you can clean all the flea dirt. Larval fleas eat the poop of the adults, so if you wash or comb your cat often enough, no more flea dirt, no new fleas. With a spray of borax and water you can eliminate flea eggs in carpet and bedding, use it as a softener in your laundry. It also makes your carpets slightly fire retardant, so that is good too.

Best Answer