This was supposed to be humorous... but apparently some of you categorize everyone on welfare in the same group so now that you've got me livid let me explain to those of you that are that arrogant..... I've been working since i was 12 almost full tI'me under the table till i hit 16 then "over the table taxes paid"I had a disaster in my life and you don't deserve to to be accommodated by an explanation of any sort of detail. I am a beast i could out work 90% percent of the population in america seeing as we are one of the laziest countries on earth i could dig a ditch for 20 hours straight with no gloves and not get blisters. Now i can see your point of view people do suck up welfare that are lazey and worthless and its unfair to the rest of us that work and pay taxes. but do not come on here and accuse me of being one of those people without knowing the truth.
CAPD CAPD 22-25, M 20 Answers Jan 20, 2011

Junk food is cheap while healthy food is expensive.<br />
That's why poor people tend to be fatter than rich people.<br />
Also, the government doesn't want you eating healthy.<br />
Because if everyone becomes healthy, then the medical and pharmaceutical industries will go down the tubes. That's why carrots are more expensive than a box of twinkies<br />
Edit: No way. Twinkies have 37 ingredients including stuff that has to be grown, harvested, processed, mixed, baked, etc. Carrots only have to be grown and pulled out of the ground. You can teach a 5 year old to grow carrots in the backyard. How many people you know can make a twinkie?

Best Answer

i like the top part of this and<br /><br />
<br /><br />
agree with your opinion that the government does what it can to control what it needs to to fofull its desires <br /><br />
<br /><br />
but im pretty sure twinkies are easier to produce then carrots ... farmers vs bags of whatever that still have a lil farmer involvement but less

Best Answer

The 'health food bars' sometimes actually have more calories and are no better for you than a candy bar.

Best Answer

BUT IT COST MORE ...HAVE U LOOKED AT THE PRICE OF HEALTH BARS???

Best Answer

Just goes to show how badly thought out these ideas are.

Best Answer

Like schmee, I also worked at a grocery store. They won't pay for a health bar because it's a "supplement", yet skittles and sprite are still considered "food". Likewise, you can buy a rotisserie chicken cold, but not warm, even if the warm one is cheaper, because the warm chicken is "prepared". Just be glad you aren't relying on WIC; it's worse. In the end, just remember the fact that food stamps and the like are first and foremost government subsidies to big agribusiness; the fact that they happen to feed people is secondary. This is why WIC allots more milk than any normal person ever drinks, but won't let you buy ham flavored pinto beans.

Best Answer

How dare u guys talk **** about someone havin foodstamps like u never need help in your life or never will..some of us have 30dollars in the bank some have 3000...god forbid u ever end up on wellfare high and mighty sobs..by the way walmart u can buy protein drinks slimfast and proteinbars I have foodstamps...

Best Answer

I second Schmee. Health bars are suppliments. Doesn't make sense. You can get soda but not engergy drinks. Pediasure but not protein powder. And sheet cakes from the deli but not popcorn chicken already cooked. Bleh.<br />
And people putting you down for having food stamps can shove it. I get them even though my hubby works 6 days a week. And a friend of mine gets them even though they BOTH work.

Best Answer

maybe they dont make enough money between the 2 of them.. it all depends on income and how many are in ur family.

Best Answer

WHAT'S a Food stamp card!........Don't they pay you enough?

Best Answer

YOU MEAN UR IN UR 50S AN U NEVER HEARD OF FOOD STAMPS ???

Best Answer

Is there really any such thing as a health bar? If you could get some fruit with your food stamps that would probably be more healthy.

Best Answer

i live with my grandparents who are both on disability and they always send me to the store to get them foods at the local market and well they told me to pick up some subs at the gas station called sheetz. i ordered a cold sub and a toasted sub. i went to pay for the subs with the food stamp card.. and i could pay for the cold sub with it but not the toasted one. In my opinion the food stamp card should be able to use for everything food related.

Best Answer

They are idiots and another way to TRY to rob us of our dignity without us realizing it.

Best Answer

Not everyone on Food Stamps is a lazy slob. With this economy many folks on them are senior citizens who's pensions are not enough for them to pay their bills, and for medications and eat too. I know I'm one of them.

Best Answer

I can't believe that you can't just buy whatever it is that you and your family needs. I don't know much or any thing for that matter about the American Welfare system but it does seem strange to me that you can't just shop and pay for your items. <br />
In Canada they just give you a cheque for the month and you have to budget properly. <br />
Although, I do think the Americans have the right idea about giving out a card that can only be used at the grocery store, but it should be able to be used on ALL foods. If that system was enforeced here I think there would be less starving children. And...to apease all you naysayers...I think that welfare should only be used as a temporary aid, not a life style.

Best Answer

don't forget the soda as some healthy drinks are off limits too.

Best Answer

Putting up with insipid and arbitrary rules is the price you pay when you live off of other people. Make your own money and buy your own food and you can buy whatever you want.

Best Answer

right on ill use lament terms to describes how much i love your word choice AWSOME!!! i realy do that was not sarcastic .... ummm neither was that... or that ... ahhhh crap ... its endless....<br /><br />
<br /><br />
and i agree well some what..... thats my tax money i took absolutely nothing from anyone here

Best Answer

WE ALL PAY TAXES AN ONE REASON WHY IS SO IN THE EVENT OF NEEDSING ASSISTANCE FROM THE GOV IT WILL BE THERE FOR US... I SEE NO SHAME IN LETTING THE GOV HELP US SINCE WE AL PAY TAXES ...............SO IN THE LONG RUN WE PAYED FOR THE FOOD STAMPS THROUGH OUR TAX PAYING JOBS ...GET IT ??!!! ITS NOT A FREE RIDE

Best Answer

Yep, i agree! I cant get approved although i have no income/employment at this time... what a slap in the face due to TOO MANY AMERICANS ARE ON IT THESE DAYS.

Best Answer

Not due to so many AMERICANS, its the nasty foreigners that come over here and get a free life and free everything fir 7 years!

Best Answer

well ur not really living "off of other people" im sure who ever has food stamps has worked in thier life and has paid taxes towards such programs... that is one reason why we pay taxes, to have programs for people in need.. not every one has family /church to help them...in times of need....

Best Answer

maybe i can find an corn field- or fruit tree field and sneak in and gather food for when i am need,then i wont have to apply for food stamps..and live of other people. daaaaaaaaa oh yea we can go back to soup kitchens and stand out side in a long line ...

Best Answer

capd you got that right... u took nothing from any one!!! peopel refuse to see that!!!!! stupid bible thumpers think that way. such a contradiction

Best Answer

Thanks!

Best Answer

Congrats you piece of ****... You sit there and talk about arrogant people yet you have the audacity to make statements such as I could out work 90% of the country and how you are so beast over anyone... Well sir you look like a complete fool right now and I believe you should take a moment and reflect upon your own character before you decide to pop off at the mouth. You're a ****** joke and will stay a joke as long as you live with the attitude you have... Not to mention I would love to share with you that I call bullshit that you have worked the way you say you have because even your picture shows the baby face features of a person who spends all of their time on the indoors... You see the Sun has a certain effect on the skin tone and features when you are a hard working individual which I guarantee I top you ez peezy being a Professional Farrier, (Equine hoof specialist) I spend anywhere from 10-16 hours a day when working and am doing so underneath 1300-2000 lb Horses who prefer to bite sit on and yank you around like a rag doll... Need I say any more?

Best Answer