plungesponge plungesponge 26-30, M 12 Answers May 20, 2012

Are they selling me pot or furniture?

Best Answer

It depends on the situation.

If I'm buying a car and he uses it 17 times it's friggin annoying, once or twice is fine.

If it's at work and I'm dealing with a supplier and have a specific salesperson assigned to me and I deal with them on a regular basis I like a sales person I've built a rapport with and first name is great.

Best Answer

I don't mind sales persons using my first name - although I think it always courteous that theyenquire first. When I was a Community Nurse and first met a new patient I always addressed them as "Mr/Mrs/Miss ....." and asked what they liked to be called ; in some cases (usually older people) they preferred the use of the honorific ; in the case of the younger ones I was usually invited to use their given names.

One thing I CAN'T stand is when shop assistants address me as "mate" or "pal". I have several times told assistants that I was NOT their "mate" or "pal" and that a polite approach would be "Can I help you SIR" Why don't shops who advertise that they go in for "Staff Training" remember to include the use of basic courtesy in their training programmes ?

Best Answer

Bad sales technique on the principal they, them using it, can't tell how you feel on the matter.

Personally? If I don't know someone and they use my first name straight off, without me saying " hey call me scot" it makes me suspicious about what that person is after. Be it salesperson, a stranger or my Mum

Best Answer

i know their a sales person on the phone..........cause none of em can pronounce my properly...........also the "how are you today?" cr@p is a dead give away

Best Answer

It doesn't work on everyone, but they spend a lot of money to figure out that yes, in most cases it does help promote a sale.

Best Answer

No, dont do that. What are we mates or something?

Best Answer

Depends on prospects preferences. First call Mr / Mrs....follow up mail Dear Name....prospects' reply would determine what name calling is in favor! :)

Best Answer