Danielle772 Danielle772 26-30, F 13 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Community

Everything's like that... I paid a traffic ticket yesterday and it was posted that a speeding ticket's actual price was $35....but after all the taxes or fees....$234....

Best Answer

If we all stopped driving for a few days watch the price drop.

Best Answer

Kind of like distilled spirits (liquor). It's dirt cheap to make, the man has to have his tax money.

Best Answer

The actual production cost is an Average of 0.53 a gallon. The infastructure cost is not added into that equation and neither are wages. Oh, and don't forget 18% to 22% State and Federal tax per gallon.

Best Answer

The cost is closer to $1.00 - in the real world. The commodities brokers get their hands on the crude oil, then inflate the price by sitting on it before releasing it to the open market for sale. Then after gasoline is sold, those same brokers buy it and again hold it to run up the price. The people actually selling it are getting very little as compared to everyone else.

Best Answer

The majority of price will be taxes, with a chunk to the oil companies

Best Answer

I paid $3.83 last night.

Best Answer

The actual manufacturing or production cost of a commodity is usually very low compared to the middle wholesale and certainly final retail price.<br />
But when you take into consideration the massive infrastructure costs, investment, machinary, logistics, IT, etc, usually involving long term debt repayments, of producing a product, then the actual overall production cost is more.

Best Answer

I knew for a for sure how much it cost to make a gallon of gas for your car. My mother has control of 5 small pipe delievery pipe lines in Northen Bay Area that my father company builted in 1962 she and my family get ROYALTIES from this after my dad died. Of $027.6% of every single gallon that goes through it. The cost of it before it's sent to be sold. Right now it cost. $0.53cents a gallon to make. That is with all the clean addeds in it. So we were promissed starting in 2014 and if Romney wins the whitehouse the gas at the pumps will be $10.99.9 a gallon and it will still cost $0.53 to make it will make me and my family Tillionairs by the end of his term.

Best Answer

Holy ****...5.59 a gallon? And I was pissed that it costs me 3.69 a gallon here in Arizona.

Best Answer

99.9% of people want big business to lie to us. Like oil companies. They do not want or understand why a oil company big or small or even ones that make no fuel gets $2.5 Billion in tax payers money every single year.
When no real person makes there fuel for there car. They take heavy oil turn 61 gallons into 121 products all a win win for oil. It doesn't matter if oil price is $30. or $255. it still cost just $0.53 cents to make a single gallon. Oil company doesn't pay tax state,fed,locol, They pay a one time import tax of less than $0.00001%
Yes my family pays more tax than the oil company and would be willing to pay 3 times more to help this USA but we will get another tax break in the form of NO tax because anyone making $500, Thousand or less will see that tax raise to 39.9% I am proud but I also ashamed of the house for letting the USA go down in flames

Best Answer

Thank you dirty billionaires!

Best Answer