Danielle772 Danielle772 26-30, F 13 Answers Oct 5, 2012 in Community

I always laugh when Americans complain about fuel prices. Besides some of the oil producing states themselves you guys have some of the cheapest fuel prices in the world. Certainly far cheaper than most other developed nations.

Best Answer

I agree. Uk prices are around £1.40 per litres = £6.30 per gallon. Assuming USD to £ is 1.40, that's around $8.80 per gallon.

Best Answer

Uk prices are a steal compared to Italian prices...we pay almost €3.00 per liter which close to $10 per gallon. La cosa nostra strikes again...

Best Answer

UK is paying a very high Tax for all service's Why it's how they fund your health care and nation. In Calif it's lies the oil refineries tell the people one had a fire so it shut off all
the others down to help pay for it. In the USA every single gas pump pays an extra $0.39 cents a gallon because BP has been fined for making the biggest spill
to date and everyone has to pay the extra price.

Best Answer

Ever since BP had the spill in the Gulf, I've boycotted 'um. Greedy Bastards! Keep drilling they said...ignore the safety factors...and people die!

Best Answer

Bail-out run away spending so your nation double tax everyone for there mistakes. Just like in Calif one has a shut down every single gas company and pump must pay the price. Plus Bushy2 signed a Bill before leaving office that no one can look into any underlineing problems except the government and they will never do that. The USA is bought and paid for by BIG OIL

Best Answer

Look complaining that you get to pay really cheap fuel isn't going to get any sympathy from those of us in the rest of the world.

Best Answer

Everything's like that... I paid a traffic ticket yesterday and it was posted that a speeding ticket's actual price was $35....but after all the taxes or fees....$234....

Best Answer

If we all stopped driving for a few days watch the price drop.

Best Answer

Kind of like distilled spirits (liquor). It's dirt cheap to make, the man has to have his tax money.

Best Answer

The actual production cost is an Average of 0.53 a gallon. The infastructure cost is not added into that equation and neither are wages. Oh, and don't forget 18% to 22% State and Federal tax per gallon.

Best Answer

The cost is closer to $1.00 - in the real world. The commodities brokers get their hands on the crude oil, then inflate the price by sitting on it before releasing it to the open market for sale. Then after gasoline is sold, those same brokers buy it and again hold it to run up the price. The people actually selling it are getting very little as compared to everyone else.

Best Answer

The majority of price will be taxes, with a chunk to the oil companies

Best Answer

I paid $3.83 last night.

Best Answer

The actual manufacturing or production cost of a commodity is usually very low compared to the middle wholesale and certainly final retail price.

But when you take into consideration the massive infrastructure costs, investment, machinary, logistics, IT, etc, usually involving long term debt repayments, of producing a product, then the actual overall production cost is more.

Best Answer

I knew for a for sure how much it cost to make a gallon of gas for your car. My mother has control of 5 small pipe delievery pipe lines in Northen Bay Area that my father company builted in 1962 she and my family get ROYALTIES from this after my dad died. Of $027.6% of every single gallon that goes through it. The cost of it before it's sent to be sold. Right now it cost. $0.53cents a gallon to make. That is with all the clean addeds in it. So we were promissed starting in 2014 and if Romney wins the whitehouse the gas at the pumps will be $10.99.9 a gallon and it will still cost $0.53 to make it will make me and my family Tillionairs by the end of his term.

Best Answer

Holy ****...5.59 a gallon? And I was pissed that it costs me 3.69 a gallon here in Arizona.

Best Answer

99.9% of people want big business to lie to us. Like oil companies. They do not want or understand why a oil company big or small or even ones that make no fuel gets $2.5 Billion in tax payers money every single year.
When no real person makes there fuel for there car. They take heavy oil turn 61 gallons into 121 products all a win win for oil. It doesn't matter if oil price is $30. or $255. it still cost just $0.53 cents to make a single gallon. Oil company doesn't pay tax state,fed,locol, They pay a one time import tax of less than $0.00001%
Yes my family pays more tax than the oil company and would be willing to pay 3 times more to help this USA but we will get another tax break in the form of NO tax because anyone making $500, Thousand or less will see that tax raise to 39.9% I am proud but I also ashamed of the house for letting the USA go down in flames

Best Answer

Thank you dirty billionaires!

Best Answer