rottenrobi rottenrobi 41-45, F 6 Answers Apr 27, 2012

been there. i am not friends with a couple, i am friends with a person.if we are important to each other, i will be there no matter who in their circle annoys me

Best Answer

That's me too. I guess that's why I feel so weird about my friend. I'm still the same, and I would always be there for her, but...

Best Answer

If you are truly friends and you truly love her you should already know the answer...

Best Answer

I do know the answer, but I'm the friend with the lame husband! I question how my friend could just accept my situation & just be my friend, like we have been for years.

Best Answer

Duh, I meant I wish she could just accept my life.

Best Answer

If she can't accept the path you've chosen then she really isn't the friend you thought she was

Best Answer

....... hence the popularity of wireless phones, texting, photo sharing............etc etc .............

Best Answer

Friendship goes both ways, i was in this situation once with someone, her husband treated her friends badly, one was me for no reason, so i made it that we meet out. I had been friends with her longer, her partner ended up walking out on her anyway<br />
after years. He would put others down for no reason, i would never settle for a guy who treats my friends like crap, which is his attempt of controlling you. Underlying.<br />
Isolate you from them. Underlying. Honestly if you continue the friendship hang out with her out of home. You can go shopping together, go and have lunch once a week.<br />
She lost 2 friends never to return because of him, and she blames them, i do not he honestly was horrible. Her friends did more for her, she did she regret not leaving him earlier when she lost them. You have to see this from both sides. If anyone talked to my friends like **** i would get rid of them. Most of all they are disrespecting me doing that. <br />
My best suggestion is meet her out of home, I hang out with the girls what is<br />
wrong with that, my sister dos the same, she has been married for years,<br />
her partner never puts others down though. I would have a talk to your<br />
partner about his behaviour maybe you need to sort that out with him.

Best Answer

Makes a lot of sense, but my friend and my husband are like oil &amp; water. They simply don't get along. Its not him isolating me, he loves it when I leave the house and give him space. Neither one of them have to say anything about the other, I'm clear on how they feel.

Best Answer

Meet your friend out of home, do things you can both do together. Maybe get a hobby something you both can participate in. I know that some people just do not get along, but they both should make an attempt for you. Also respecting that everyone is different and entitled to their own opinion. I get along with people i am not so fond of because of others. Respecting and understanding we are all different helps in us getting along. We are all unique in our own way i suppose. Tell your friend and husband that you would like it if they both tried and made an effort for you. Sounds like someone is very stubborn. I hate being put in the middle, i see where you are coming from.

Best Answer

Just be aware that her husband is her family and she will probably always put him above you.

Best Answer

Not always, I try to be fair. But good point.

Best Answer

Sure. Just meet the friend away from her home, where the husband might be. That's easy. And don't discuss him, or it might slip out that you think he's an ***. That would be kind of a deal breaker.

Best Answer

Truth be told, I know he's an *** at times, and she calls him that daily and I'm OK with it to a point.

Best Answer

I guess I asked the question because she's not sure she can hang out with me anymore bcuz of him. So, was she really my bff?

Best Answer

She probably was, but the marriage relationship does and should take precedence over a friendship (if you want the marriage to last)

Best Answer