me and my friends were gonna play basketball once and we chose teams and i was with my friend and i started off good and then i don't know what happened.. i must've started stuffing up, my friends said i sucked at it and no one wanted me on their team.. and everyday we've been playing basketball at lunch time and there sooo mean about it and they say you can have brandon i don't want him on my team. And they don't even care how much it hurts me when they say stuff like that, i mean they are my friends but there soo mean about it.. it's like they think their in the olympics or something. I don't know what to do, i can't say i don't want to play cause then they'll be mean to me and ask me why and then i'll tell them and they'll laugh and say im acting like a girl or something. any ideas of what to do, to make it all better?
Brandoncake Brandoncake 13-15, M 7 Answers Aug 29, 2012 in Youth

with friends like that u dont need enemies <br />
quit hanging out with them and find new peeps

Best Answer

People who are mean to you and treat you badly are not your friends. A friend would work with you and help you to improve your game. We all have different skills. Maybe there is something that you can do that your friends can't and you could help them and show them the way a real friend acts

Best Answer

Well I guess this is growing up *dun-nah-nun-nah-nun, dun-nah-nun-nah-nun, dun-nah-nun-nah-nuuun*<br />
Anyways, enough of bl<x>ink-182 :P<br />
But yeah, I guess thats what sports ego's do to people. I like playing football (soccer if you're american) but because I was never really good at it or popular like some I was never allowed to play.<br />
Best thing you can do is go shoot some hoops alone and get really good and shock everyone when they see how good you are then reject them for what they did.

Best Answer

Dont say anything they will just razz you more...Just tell your closest one hey man can you help me improve my game so these douchbags will get off my back?

Best Answer

grow some balls and pay them out about something its what mates do

Best Answer

Stand up for yourself and tell them that they're taking things too seriously. Sure it's alright to be competitive but no at the expense of friendship. (yeah, tell them something along the lines of what I told you)

Best Answer

Dont do that you will make them think you are a whine ***..

Best Answer

If he truly wants to be confident he shouldn't care what they think if they're putting him down. What kind of friends are they if they do that with no remorse?

Best Answer