I always here them complaining about others action but never looking at their own.
TheyWillLearn TheyWillLearn 22-25, F 7 Answers Jun 4 in Community

I am not a feminist and never will be one. They are no better than men except for the sexual abuse part. Some of the most horrible people I've met were women. I am a humanist.

Best Answer

So women don't need advocates for equality?

Best Answer

Yes, they do if they are being denied a basic right but that doesnt mean it has to come from a sensibility that women have to wage wars against men and all men are bad. It should come from the sensibility that we are all human beings and we should be treated as equals. And women alone don't have to be advocates of gender equality. In many countries men have actually been on the forefront to fight for women's rights.

Best Answer

I don't see where this idea of feminism is women waging war against men and all men are bad comes from. Do you watch Fox News or something?

Best Answer

This is my opinion and I don't feel the need to share what news channel I watch with you. I can see from the way you attack people and gauge how indecent you are that you call someone an idiot on a public forum. As a human being who chooses to talk to individuals capable of arguing without attacking someone's intelligence I think you are not worth responding to.

Best Answer

I think the kind of feminists you're talking about are the ignorant ones, you know the ones that are focusing on stupid priorities, like hating on men, treating men like ****...<br />
I'm a feminist, and my concern is women's rights, I'm always concerned about the bigger stuff. Like "Victim Blaming", "Oppressing Women", "Violence Against Women", "Rape" (because many women who are victims of rape, do not get their rights some are blamed, others are ignored). Also honor killing.

Best Answer

As far as victim blaming, in some cases the victims do put it on themselves and need to be notified of there stupid decisions. I am not saying the rapist was right, he shall serve time.

Best Answer

Feminist aren't realistic about things

Best Answer

yus lol i always watch what i do so i don't merely agree with that part

Best Answer

You're one of the smart ones.

Best Answer

Course women couldn't vote,own property,inherit property,and were the belonging of one male,or another,before some level headed woman demanded change..

Best Answer

What are you trying to say?

Best Answer

Keyword "couldn't". Things are obviously different here in 2014.

Best Answer

I think you are characterizing feminists as a homogenous group. They may or may not be represented by NOW,or the authors who purport to talk for them,but they all believe in equality,and there is still much work to be done,ie,domestic violence,rape,etc.

Best Answer

A huge amount of work yet to be done.

Best Answer

Like what?

Best Answer

Like for instance if some chick leaves her drink out in the open and it gets spiked.

Best Answer

Which feminists claim women shouldn't be wary of such things?

Best Answer

Yes, they tend to completely put the blame on whomever spiked the drink.

Best Answer

Well the blame is completely on whomever spiked the drink but I've never heard feminists actively campaigning that women shouldn't take precautions.

Best Answer

This statement was said on twitter with the hashtag #YesAllWomen and many agreed.

''Because we're taught ''never leave your drink alone, instead of ''don't drug someone''

Sounds like justification to me.

Best Answer

You're an idiot then. The point being made is that we should be putting just as much, if not more, effort into teaching men about appropriate behaviour as we teach women to be cautious. Fair point as far as I'm concerned.

Best Answer

We wouldn't be having this discussion if ladies didn't leave there drinks alone now would we?

Best Answer

As I said you're an idiot.

Best Answer

Almost definitely you're a Christian and a conservative.

Best Answer

I would like to know what does being a Christian have to do with nay of this? With that tweet, it's like saying we shouldn't have teach our children stranger danger and men shouldn't kidnap. As if men don't know not to kidnap...they don't care! With people like this in the world we have to take precautions. Us saying "Men shouldn't rape!", "Men shouldn't drug!", isn't gonna stop them, us making it harder for them to do so will make a much bigger impact.

Best Answer

You must be dumbarse Christian as well. That tweet isn't suggesting in anyway whatsoever that women shouldn't be cautious. It's questioning what we prioritise in the way of education.

Best Answer

And in regards to what has being a Christian got to do with it. Christianity has always put women below men. Many more fundamentalist Christian sects believe women should be subservient to men. So I mostly see this silly backlash against feminism by women who have been brought up with this belief.

Best Answer

She clearly said "instead" as if we shouldn't be taught to be cautious and we should teach these sickos not the spike drinks. We all know they shouldn't spike drinks! They know they shouldn't! It's something you should already know! It really shouldn't have to be taught, and if it was... some will still do it because that is what they want to do! This situation isn't putting females below men! LOL! What makes you think this?

Best Answer

The point was about education not about actions. Attitudes towards women shouldn't be taught? Men shouldn't be taught to respect women?

Best Answer

Attitudes towards women should be taught, yes. Men should be taught to not disrespect woman, yes. I won't say they should be taught to respect anyone because you can choose who you want to respect. Just because you respect someone doesn't mean you have to disrespect them. I don't think men should NEED to be taught "Don't drug people's drinks :)", It's something you kinda know is wrong. Like I said, it's like saying we shouldn't teach the buddy system or stranger danger because people shouldn't kidnap. It makes no sense. These people choose to disrespect females, it's not because they don't know how to respect them.

Best Answer

I think the point here is the emphasis on education. Do we blame the driver who is hit by another driver who is drunk and running a red light? No, we don't. We try and teach people not to drink drive. I think it would be a great idea to have relatively young kids discuss drink spiking and the effects it can have on the woman. We should be discussing with and educating our kids about attitudes towards women.

Best Answer

Avoiding my example again? I think that is because in your scenario, we only have one person really being irresponsible. Why would be blame the person hit? It's clear who was the irresponsible one in that scenario. The person hit had really no part in why he was hit. It's a cause and effect thing. You leave your drink unattended (irresponsible), it may get spiked. Wow, do you sincerely think discussing spike drinking with young children will make a HUGE impact rather than informing females to take precautions (stuff they should already know). People are gonna disrespect who they want whether they know it's wrong or not.

Best Answer

I honestly don't see us seeing eye to eye on this so I guess we will just agree to disagree :)

Best Answer

I don't think the woman is in anyway whatsoever to blame for someone spiking her drink.

Best Answer

As I said you're probably another dumbarse Christian.

Best Answer

LOL! Goodbye. You are pathetic.

Best Answer

You are though aren't you? ;)

Best Answer

True, who would not love to be able to be an a$$ and no one would be able to hit you?

Best Answer

Whoooooh there buddy, what do you mean act an ***?

Best Answer

well like anything that would somebody beat up.

Best Answer