Tough. What do you want to do with your art? Teach? A degree would help. If you have real talent, it probably won't make a difference. The head of my art department (admittedly over 40 years ago) congratulated us on getting a Bachelors but pointed out an art degree is worth much except in education--it's your work that makes or breaks you.

Best Answer

Well my deal is that I feel like I only JUST now discovered how art and illustration makes me happy. I just completely changed my process and I'm wondering if I need maybe 1 more year to really grow and figure things out with my life. Don't really thing I. Up to being a teacher lol

Best Answer

I would say as an artist you should have enough formal training to strike out on your own at this point (if not then this might not be the career for you). Unless you are looking to teach art then I can see why you would need a graduate degree but mainly from understanding art from a historical prospective.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Work for awhile, then decide. Many things become clear if you get away from school for awhile. And you can always find other artists/unofficial-teachers to bounce ideas off of.

Best Answer