Sometimes I wish I could be 30 forever. The time seems to be flying by... I will NEVER forget the time when my Grammy and I were talking in her living room in Massachusetts. At the ripe old age of 98, she sat there knitting in her favorite rocking chair..rocking away contently. At the age of 11, I asked her if she was afraid of dying. She chuckled. "Oh, No, dear....." As she smiled. "Not at all". That gave me comfort. And I will never forget those words. She went on to explain why.....That I will never reveal. As I continue to age, the mystery approaches more and more. And I have faith. My Daddy believed that God created Man and my Mommy believed that Man created God... Does anyone else around my age or older have these feelings?
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 29 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Phobias

I am worried not for me at all, I will not be here to protect my children

Best Answer

I have absolutely no fear of death. I believe that death is the start of the next great adventure. What I fear is not being "alive", as in a vegetative state.

Best Answer

We are conceived, we're born, we live until we die.

Best Answer

Hello PrincessMaine;<br />
For those who truly believe and have unwavering Faith death is not the end - it is just the beginning of life renewed in a spiritual form. It is the fulfillment of the hope that one has held through the belief in things unseen. It is the attainment of the promise of life eternal.

Best Answer

I just don't want to die in the wrong place and/or amongst the wrong people; other than that, bring it on!

Best Answer

I know I'm getting closer to my "sell-by-date" as the hours, days, months and years fly by faster than ever the older I get. Death or an afterlife I have no clear ideas or knowledge about personally although I've seen it happen to others in a variety of forms and have studied religion more than most, I suppose (leaving me up in the air about my faith or beliefs, go figure) . . . whatever the case or the conclusion, I don't fear death, but I'm not looking forward to it because as long as my quality of life is reasonable, "I wanna live!"

Best Answer

not really. i had a medical emergency a few years ago, and i wasn't too confident of making it through the night...basically, my attitude that night was "que sera, sera"...it still is

Best Answer

I do not fear death and have faced it many times, but neither do I want to hurry things in any way, I am enjoying life too much now

Best Answer

Thank you...

Best Answer

my pleasure princess

Best Answer

no. i'm tired and life is too f^cked up to want to do this much longer. i'm tired of trying for nothing, of all the lies and hurt. there is no love, no comfort and nothing to be genuinely happy about.

Best Answer

Awww, hun..you're very young! Please keep reaching for your goal!

Best Answer

The only fear I have of death is what becomes of my loved ones when I'm gone. Personally, my faith is so strong it feels like knowledge to me now that the universe is infinite and death is personally freeing (but will reduce the allies my loved ones have). If my faith is wrong and the universe is finite, my death only hastens the end of a thing that was filled with more greed than love.

Best Answer

That's just the way my Mom felt! FINITE! That's why I feel the way I do....

Best Answer

Bodies are finite. If we are only our bodies, then we are not much anyway. I feel like we have infinite spirits that can use more than one body.

Best Answer

I don't fear it but i do think about it at times

Best Answer

I just wonder if people do not fear it as easily as my Grammy did....both my parents passed prior to 65....

Best Answer

I am pretty sure what she revealed.... if its anything like the elderly people I have talked with in my family.... and close friends.....

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do about Death. It comes to us all at some point. Unfortuantely mine will be here quicker than I expected it but I dwell on the present and the time I have left. No use worrying about what is certainly going to happen.

Best Answer

I am atheist but I see it very simply. There ether is or is not life after death. It's that simple. If there isn't life after death that makes things very simple. When we die our existence come to an end. Did you worry about the cooling and crop failures that lead to wide spread starvation and Bubonic Pledge in Europe in the 1300's? No you didn't exist. The 1300's for you will be very much like the 2200's. In this case death leads to nothingness. Being afraid of that is a fear of nothingness. How can you be afraid of THAT?<br />
If there is life after death, then there must be a power or process that judges the dead and decides where they go from there. We could call that "God" I suppose. Are they going to Hell, or will they be re-born a dung beetle? Or will they go to Heaven or be reborn a super rich celebrity? If I'm wrong and God does exist then He must be fair. A fair God will judge you fairly. I don't think He's going to care what you believed, only what you did. In this case too there is nothing to fear, so long as you have lived a good life. On the other hand you might have a great deal to fear if you have been dishonest and bad.<br />
For myself I don't think the Biblical desc<x>ription of eternal pain and damnation is fair. Even Hitler or Stalin deserve to be punished FOREVER. Sure they deserve to be punished for a very long time, perhaps millions or even billions of years, but not forever. Eventually their crimes will be paid for in full.<br />
I know how I have been in my life. I don't fear death at all. In fact I look forward to it. To the time I will have no concept of time and no more experiences.

Best Answer

Look forward to it. Curious. In the end however I believe we just die. Hope it is quick. Will miss kids but happy to be out of life.

Best Answer

I have asked the question too from my grandparents. None had any fears. They were devout people and believed that they were going to a place that was prepared for them.<br />
It is the fear of the unknown that is the question.<br />
Is there life after death? Do I have to account for my life? Is hell real? If there was some truth in any of these then I am in deep shyte.

Best Answer

Exactly my point. I truly believe that. The unknown is all of the answers...

Best Answer

As a Christian....i dont wanna die obviously because of the thought of missing out on the family things...but I also know that its the ultimate end for all of us. I know without a doubt where I am going so fearing death isnt an issue for me.....but like I said...the selfish side wants to hang out here for as long as i can.....at least for now anyhow.......lol

Best Answer

Not really. I know where I'm going, and I know some really cool people who are already there, so I'm not afraid. Getting old and unable to move, or not being able to remember-- those are the things I ponder.

Best Answer