I am disabled, looking for work and penniless... I have cans and bottles I can turn in/redeem, but don't think I have anything I could pawn... What to do? Please help with ideas ASAP!! I don't want to have to ask for money from my mom, she's helped me too much already.
seamoss seamoss 36-40, F 17 Answers Apr 11, 2012

Why dont you try and reason with them,tell them how you are fixed and that you will pay them a little at a time... its worth a try. good luck

Best Answer

Hon, talk to your mother. There are certain points where pride is poison. Not having water at your house, is one of them. My suggestion is to either talk to her, or take some of these other tips, and then start restructuring yourself so you can control this sort of thing in the future.<br />
Talking to the company should be the first line. It's a bother to shut off a service like that, so in the future make sure you work with them before you get to this point, because they really would rather talk to you than drive out there. They should help you even there, though.<br />
Crisis Assistance exists, though I'm not sure of the terms and how easy it is to get help.<br />
If you have something of value, you can get a short term loan from the Pawn Shop. You should be able to work it out where they won't sell your item so long as you keep the terms of the loan. Some of them do that, anyhow.<br />
Checking for odd jobs on Craigslist is a long shot, but it may help. Even having a car can get you a little money in transport payments, provided your conditions are safe.<br />
Exhausting that, my advice starts to get a little Machiavellian. Look up G R I F T S. It doesn't sound pretty, but in a pinch, it beats signing in to BoobToob in pride and in pay.

Best Answer

Been there. A pawn shop may be your best answer. Got anything valuable? They will offer you about 1/4 of what it's worth, so plan accordingly.

Best Answer

-Throw a party. Collect an entrance fee. <br />
-Buy a big pack of candy bars at Sam's or Costcos. Sell them individually. <br />
-Ask a friend for a loan instead of your mom.

Best Answer

Put an add in Craigslist to house it or pet sit and you will easily make $100.

Best Answer

Donate blood, (going rate about $25 dollars-where I live) it's quick and easy then go to a church or food bank and see about the balance. They may not be able to help with all of the rest but every little bit helps!

Best Answer

I forgot about that one! I had some friends who basically put themselves over the wall with that! Just be careful not to do it for too long. After 5 or 6 times, your blood starts to run out of the hemoglobin and things they need.

Best Answer

It's a long shot, but a friend of a friend of mine got a donation from a church to help her pay important bills one time. There are also different public assistance programs out there, but most take a while to get. Also, Paypal has a donation button you could put up around the internet. If you use any social networking or blogging sites you can explain your situation and ask people for donations or to at least spread the word.

Best Answer

Also, if you create a paypal donation button i will donate what i can. (FYI though i believe you need to have your paypal account linked with your checking account to get the $)

Best Answer

Try your mom, relatives, the church, and then find SOMETHING you can do.<br /><br />I don't mean to sound harsh, just factual. There are very few disabled people who can't do any work at all. ratracerebellion.com, and other websites have listings of jobs you can do from home. find something to bring in money.<br /><br />You will feel better about yourself as well, and you won't feel bad about needing to go to your mother because you won't have to.

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing that info!! I have been desperately looking for a legitimate "work from home job" that doesn't reuire 50 hours or clicking links for $2.00. TY again!

Best Answer

ratracerebellion is legit. I was given that website when I went to vocational rehab after a brain injury

Best Answer

I was disabled was 7 years, now about 70% better, but I send out at least 150 job applications a month on the internet. Its not my (slight) disablility thats scr#wing with me, its that I can't find work!! I spend 6 hrs a day looking.

Best Answer

Keep trying. Try vocational rehab, advertise on craigslist to do some odd jobs or something. Don't give up. It took me 3 years to get back on my feet. You can do it.

Best Answer

Dirty really is your only option. You have the internet. Do you have a webcam? If so, swallow your pride, and do what you have to. It's far easier than most people's jobs. And, while I'm no priest or rabbi, I don't think any God would really look down on you for it.

Best Answer

What a horrible suggestion! Shame on you!

Best Answer

Shame? You need money. You have nothing else marketable. Nobody buys blood. You're either a taker or a maker. Shame on you.

Best Answer

1) Dirty is not their only option. Please don't tell someone to forfeit something so valuable of themselves just because you are not able to come up with a better suggestion. Other people may be able to even if you can't. 2) People don't buy blood, but they DO buy plasma. 3) The argument of it always being "either, or" when it comes to being a taker and maker is false. People can be takers and makers at the same time. There are win, win situations. 4) Going door to door asking for jobs mowing lawns, cleaning houses or baby/pet sitting is way better than prostituting yourself out for a water bill. 5) Your suggestion is not really a caring answer, it is an insulting one. You should place a higher value on people than you do. Then you would not suggest them to trade something of such high worth for something worth so little.

Best Answer

Can you have a mini yard sale?<br />
Sell something on Ebay?'<br />
Could you offer to babysit neighbor kids?<br />
this won't bring in money today.. but what about seeking out an online job? You can work from home.

Best Answer

sell muffins!

Best Answer