I too have severe RLS, requip only lasts a few hours and makes me nauseated and throw up. Oxycodone works about two hours and is a control substance. Mirapex is dangerous. I too beat my legs and feel like screaming!!! I am now trying Temazepam and Carbidopa-levodopa today. Will let you know if this helps. I am also going to try something new from a massage therapist. Rubbing magnisium oil on my feet. It Is worth a try. Hope he has a doctor that is trying to help. This is very difficult. I would rather deal with pain then this. Good luck to your friend.

Best Answer

Mirapex really works for me..but I'm all the way up on .75 mg. They start out way lower than that. It's a Parkinson's drug, but it's the only thing that helps me. Be careful of the side effects though...can cause excessive eating, gambling, sex, etc. Crazy, right? But it's in the information pamphlet now.

Best Answer

He already does that on requip.

Best Answer

try alternative methods.........meds just cover up & control it.......& as you see not very successfully........look up restless leg syndrome & nutrients........it's been awhile but i think someone said they had improvement with extra magnesium in their diet

Best Answer