Some people are born gay, straight, bi and all other terms I am not familiar with, think pan is amongst them. The desire to explore, live as openly or repress I guess is where choice comes into play.

Best Answer

Whenever I'm asked this question at work, I reply :-<br />
80% are born gay, the rest get sucked into it :)

Best Answer

Personally I think that you can be born with a sexuality, but also many may configure to a "new" one later in life. <br />
For instance a man may believe for his entire life that he is straight , until he turns 40, looks at his wife and kids and thinks "this isn't really the life I have wanted" and suddenly have a boyfriend. <br />
Sexuality shouldnt be something that people have to be restricted to, but I do believe it should be something that is a personal choice, and shouldn't be alowed to be seen as a "fashion statement" as children/teenagers can pick up on these trends and conform to them until they have in a way "changed sexuality" <br />
Not that I am saying people CAN change their sexuality, but if they are young and impressionable they could make the wrong desisions. <br />
So the question of "is sexuality a choice or are you born with it" could be answered in two ways , yes you are born with it, but in a way it may also be a choice.

Best Answer

I definitely think people are born more susceptive to being gay, but upbringing has a large part to play also. Studies have shown that 60% of lesbians were abused by a male during her childhood and gay men were found to have a much stronger bond with their mother than their father. In fact 14% of those studies never had fathers in thier lives.

Best Answer

That sort of links in with me. I'm Bisexual and didn't have a father role model as I child - I was always with women in the house. I suppose I am more attracted to men but still have a soft spot for women :) I cannot stand it when people think Bisexuality is "just a phase".

Best Answer