this lady became my support worker and we met up for a 2 hr chat once a week for the past almost 2 years, now her job has changed the amount of time she is allowed to be a persons support worker and sadly she had to stop being mine... we both shed a tear over it and now i dont know how im gonna get through my weeks without her... i dont know what to do anymore, i feel i need her help still.....
marz82 marz82 26-30, F 5 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in Community

work on being your own support worker. i would tell you to get another person to talk to but that won't solve the main problem here. codependecy is never healthy. read self help books. keep a journal. standing alone is hard but the more time goes by the stronger you will become. the sacrifice will be well worth it in the end. try it! best wishes xoxo

Best Answer

thanks Veronica4ever, yor not the first one to say that to me so im now thinken its true... its still gonna be hard to not have anything to look forward to every week :(

Best Answer

i dont want her to think im dependent on her i just want her kindness and helpfullness in my life... i will most likely carry on without ever telling her how much she means to me..

Best Answer

your welcome:) it's ok to love and be greatful. no shame in that. but we must also love ourselves and be able to stand alone as strong warriors;)

Best Answer

u didn't have to do anything.. time will do.!!! it happens in every ones life, i too have experience it.. u will learn how to live if not with her than without her.. and after all if she too cares for you having the very same feelings, she will not let u alone.. u must be able to judge honestly. is she with you or wants to live without you..

Best Answer

Seek independence from perpetual hand holding. Ask your former support worker for a list of reading materials to help yourself to end your therapy addiction.

Best Answer

i dont have an addiction to therapy ty!

Best Answer

"i miss our conversations like crazy." wat should i do?" "i dont know how im gonna get through my weeks without her." "i dont know what to do anymore." "i feel i need her help still." "i dont have an addiction to therapy ty!"

Best Answer

typical male!!

Best Answer

No, I'm not a typical male. I made the assumption from what you said that your support worker was no longer available to you. My suggestion to read self help books was based on that assumption as an alternative to no longer getting any help. I hope you'll be okay.

Best Answer