With any girl who's worth marrying, it's the thought that counts. If you're too cheap to buy a diamond, get her a different stone.. A plastic ring even. Personally, I'd be happy with a plastic ring.. because either way, it means he wants to spend the rest of our lives together.

Best Answer

Give me a break ladies . I was just being a wise guy. Of course she's getting the rock. Which ever one she wants.

Best Answer

I wasn't trying to be a **** when I said "cheap", it was just the only word I could think of :P

Best Answer

Because your love is supposed to last forever. It's symbolic... or a marketing scheme. A bit of both I guess.

Best Answer

I was watching a show on diamonds on the Discovery Channel a few months back and they said DeBeers started the 'diamond ring=engagement' thing just to boost sales.

Best Answer

Yes, they've also artificially inflated the prices of diamonds. I considered opting for a different stone in my engagement ring but the diamond that I have has been passed down from my mom. Otherwise I would not support the diamond industry.

Best Answer

Diamonds are beautiful and last forever, giving a diamond to the woman you love makes her feel just as beautiful and it makes her feel that no matter what, your love will be forever:).<br />
But, with any stone that could be given, the woman should feel beautiful. Weather its real or fake, plastic or not:)<br />
Just remember, the love you give the woman, if shes the right one, will always be worth more to her than anything you could ever buy her:)

Best Answer

Because he won't live forever! Teehee!

Best Answer