I don't think so.. but then again.. I don't think 10 year olds should have cellphones either

Best Answer

No. And I'm sick of these fool parents who allow it.

Best Answer

No. I'm not thrilled with 16-year olds here, either. (Sorry kids) It's a shame though, for 10-year olds and the like it would be nice if there were a safe, strictly monitored site for them to go to.

Best Answer

What the **** is a 10 year old going to do on facebook.

Best Answer

i don't think a 10yr old should be on any networking site.

Best Answer

It's for the parents to decide and control. Only they can prevent them from going to sites that may deem inappropriate. There's a lots of bad things out there that is far worse than Facebook could potentially be and there's not much control on the web.<br />
Kids are learning how to play instruments at a much younger age than our generation. I see potential if kids were to socially network early, which may help develop their social skills early in life. Of course there is safety issues when it comes to any social network site.

Best Answer

Good answer, if they can't access it at home, they do at a friends.

Best Answer

if your child is a genius, yeah. fb is one of the means of communication in my grad school. but if normal, then depends on his/her friends. if his/her other friends are there, then you should let him/her socialize with them. you can't protect your child forever. so better to educate him/her while he/she still listens to you

Best Answer

Nope.

Best Answer

should not there is lot of kids sites they can use these kind of sites but not facebook

Best Answer

No one should be on Facebook.

Best Answer

NO... NO... No....

Best Answer

If sh`s good looking andhas the body of a woman?? Why not!"

Best Answer

i agree for that...

Best Answer

It really depends and if they did, I hope that it would be closely monitored.<br />
Some of my friends kids are around that age and on facebook. Their profiles seem appropriate, they talk about their school and sporting achievements, homework and things like that. I am pretty sure their parents monitor their friends and pages. The way that these kids use FB, I don't see anything wrong with it. <br />
I do think it needs to be closely monitored. There will always be creeps and since the rise of social media, they now have a new way to work their way in. <br />
Times are changing though. 20-30 years ago people were asking if it is okay for a child to have a TV in their room. Now it's the norm.

Best Answer

I don't think anyone should be on Facebook. How can a system that requires you to sit in front of a PC/tablet/phone etc. be called "social"??<br />
And when you do use it, you have to compare the number of "friends" (often known as paedophiles) to see how popular you are?<br />
As a web designer I know I should be in raptures about it, but I just don't get it at all - a complete waste of life so, to answer your question, "Yes, and when they do you should be hauled up in front of a judge charged with child abuse"!!

Best Answer

I have a real problem with this statement:
"And when you do use it, you have to compare the number of "friends" (often known as paedophiles) to see how popular you are?"
You are basically implying that everyone who uses facebook is a *********. Choose your wording carefully.

Best Answer

Sorry, I did/do choose my words carefully. My word "often" does NOT imply your term "everyone".

Best Answer

I'm scared of what the people who will friend request him/her....<br />
If you can monitor I'd say yes but teach them the dangers too:<br />
no befriending people you do not approve of.<br />
I mean, when you get to 6th grade it starts:<br />
*cough* stalking crushes...<br />
But really it's the people you both do not know I am worried about.<br />
Sometimes people get friend requests and if someone is trying to friend request a 10 year old and you do not know them that's a big red flag.

Best Answer

Great question..I have a boy who is 10...however, he is not mature enough for me to permit him to go one fb...i think it depends on the situation, depends on the child..etc. I know some younger kids who are online.. I just think its important to make their personal seetings secure; and also to supervise. There are lots of strange people out there!

Best Answer

Depends on the child and how much information they have about the internet and grooming of young kids that goes on. Mine were taught at school all about internet safety, their teacher had them all set up a page which she checked they had all the correct controls on etc. It was discussed at home as well. I live in a city so just as you have to be street smart, you have to be internet smart as well. They actually know far more about computers than me, and are more concerned to know what I am up to on here haha, looking out for me, cos they know I am not that savvy with it all. They know nothing of EP thank God. Plus they have family all over the world and use fb for that as well. Computer is in the living room facing outwards by the way.

Best Answer

Only if you live in a remote area where she has not contact with the real world or friends her age. A ten year old needs to be learning social skills, and they don't learn them on the computer. Teachers complain that children spend so much time on electronic communication and toys that they are no longer able to resolved playground disputes. Children are failing to learn the intricacies of social interaction and interpersonal skills. Ineptitude in these areas will create challenges in love and work relationships when they become adults. We are turning an entire generation into social cripples. After 14, maybe, if limited and monitored.

Best Answer

Hells no! Stranger danger is still in full-effect.

Best Answer