mulder mulder 26-30 21 Answers Nov 28, 2012 in Hobbies

Sure why not?

Best Answer

There's currently a dispute between the UK and the European Court of Human Rights as to whether currently incarcerated convicts should have the right to vote. I can see the logic on both sides, to be honest.

I don't think the right to vote should ever be denied permanently. It's a dangerous precedent, allow governments to deny voting rights to people who are otherwise free citizens and they might someday feel justified extending their power to do so.

Best Answer

Yes. No citizen of age of majority should be denied the right to vote.

Best Answer

Sure.. they have a hard enough time getting a decent job.. let'em have something... geeeezzzzz

Best Answer

If they they are net positive financial contributors to the community they're voting in, yes. So if they (or you) pay more to the state in taxes than you receive in direct benefits, they (you) should get to vote in a state election. If they (you) pay more to the feds then they (you) get from federal benefits, you should get to vote in federal elections, etc.

No more bread and circuses!

Best Answer

To save time, you might as well just deny the vote to people who don't want to vote conservative. Why pretend you had anything else in mind?

Best Answer

Personally I'm ok with that, but I think it's a little draconian. That actually wouldn't be the effect though. Something like 44% of high income voters went to Obama.

Best Answer

happens all the time

Best Answer

after a certain period of being law abiding sure why not . we have more people behind bars than any other country even the police states don't come close . and by now its clear the police are not as honest or partial as they want us to believe .

Best Answer

if time is served fully why not

Best Answer

I think it depends on their past charges. You also have to consider people always holding the past against you. Okay, you are treated like that by family. Then, you are treated like that in society. When you have already done your time and changed your entire life. Well, how would you feel. That is something to think about.

Best Answer

Yes, there are so many felonies..it is really hard to say no..Once they do their time..let them vote.

Best Answer

No, they have too many rights as it is.

Best Answer

not really

Best Answer

They do in the UK. Our prisons are a joke.

Best Answer

I am talking about after prison and or probation

Best Answer

After they're out, is a different story.

Best Answer

You realize that the US is considered to have one of the harshest prison systems on the planet and the largest percentage of the population incarcerated. You're competing with luminaries like Iran and China here.

Best Answer

They know the candidates the best. Why not?

Best Answer