guardsvan guardsvan 41-45, M 5 Answers Jan 12, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Foreigners and citizens should ALL be treated with dignity and respect. If anything foreigners should be treated better since they're guests in your country.

Best Answer

Bud abdicating citizenship is like abdicating one's mother just for money or better life. :). I mean , I personally consider them very low life creatures. Exceptions perhaps could be when they fled because of persecution. Like in WW2.

Best Answer

My ancestors came here from Norway for a better life in the 1880's. When I've had the pleasure to be connected to distant relatives from the old country they love us and we love them. Think about the Mexican immigrants to America; would their families still in Mexico begrudge them the better life they found in USA? I think not. Have you got a certain circumstance in mind because I'm not gettin' it.

Best Answer

I would not know the situation in 1880. At that time, Europe could possibly getting out of dark ages and so on.
But am talking about 20th Century. Unless you are a persecuted person from some African country , why would you leave your citizenship ?
Better life ? Yes. So be it. Have your car , house and safety. But why not let the country of your origin treat you like any other foreigner ?

Best Answer

No reason not to. I just don't think it's such a big slap in the face to your home country if you relinquish your citizenship. You could blame the home country for not granting dual citizenship I suppose. If someone gave up their US citizenship to go elsewhere for whatever reason I'd be happy for them and wouldn't be shaking my fist at them in disgust. I still don't think I understand the motivation behind your question.

Best Answer

One a gai-jin always a gai-jin<br />
(Although I must add that this is not a bad thing....why must you need to become something you're not? Can you not better pursue to become the best you are on your own and be respected for that? I for one welcome to have foreigners around me from time to time)

Best Answer

I am saying more from the perspective of people who could not make it.

Best Answer

And I'm poorly explaining how you are a person. An individual, and all notions of nationality lack respect towards personal identity and fail to contribute unity to society.

Best Answer

even worse

Best Answer

Depends on who he knows.

Best Answer

He technically is if he became a citizen of another country, I believe. His native country is his homeland though, so I guess it depends on how you look at it.

Best Answer