markcallen markcallen 31-35, M 6 Answers Jun 21 in Dating & Relationships

It'd cut down on the ********** and sexual abuse.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

Nuns. No because they took their vows as part of their choice of lifestyle.<br />
I see no reason why priests should have to chose between a family life and the church.

Best Answer

So do priests, if the priests can get rid of celibacy and still be 'holy' why can't the nuns?

Best Answer

I mean 'chastity' not celibacy, celibacy just means you can't get married.

Best Answer

Nuns can leave the convent and still work as teachers and carry out other church duties.
With priests, their devotion to the church is more like a job of work. Church of England priests are allowed to marry and their devotion to the church is just as great.

Best Answer

You're avoiding the point. Why would removing the vow of chastity be good for the priests but not the nuns?

Best Answer

I compare monks with nuns, rather than priests.

Best Answer

Imo..celibacy is not a good thing and just maybe the cause of the rise in sexual abuse cases within the church. Love and sex both are basic needs of a human being. Denying them marriage is just going against being human. You can show devotion even whilst married.

Best Answer

sure,

Best Answer