flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 24 Answers Sep 6, 2012 in Family Struggles

Depends on what their other options are and how bad the marriage is. If there's abuse involved, no. If they don't get along but there is no active animosity and no pressing reason to part, then it's not such a bad thing.

Best Answer

Some child psychologists say it's actually more damaging for children to have their parents divorce than to be subjected to the parents arguing.

Best Answer

I think it all depends on the situation, the amount of hostility, and the options in the aftermath of a split

Best Answer

I've done that for 26 years and regretted it till this day.

Best Answer

stayed with my ex husband until my daughter left home.. then he cheated and I threw him out! best thing he could have done for me!

Best Answer

I believe a couple who is simply "not getting along" ought to demonstrate commitment to their children by doing everything they can to make their relationship with their spouse the best that it can be. I do know that sometimes for whatever reason one or the other spouse is unable or unwilling to make changes necessary for the health of the relationship, but there is also a positive lesson in showing children that their happiness does not have to depend upon the behavior of another.

Best Answer

yeah great...and your children learn to do the same thing thus avoiding their own pain as well as yours...dela with your own relationship injuries or else heap them on your children

Best Answer

I did that for years. I think it is a bad idea.

Best Answer

If the parents are happier apart, they should split up and share custady (spelt wrong but I don't feel like looking it up).

Best Answer

Custardy is the right spelling, I think.

Best Answer

custody

Best Answer

Thanks. My spelling didn't look right, I just didn't want to take the minute or so it woul dhave taken to look it up. I think Flipper1966's answer was in jest.

Best Answer

Probably, at least until the kids are old enough to understand what is happening.

Best Answer

honestly i dont believe so..alot of ppl go through this ..they dont know if staying together for the sake of the child is gona be better or just to give up and go seperate ways..if theres alot of argueing and fighting in the house then going your own ways wuld be the best thing in my opinion...kids pick up on the things that are going on around them in their life and it affects them...wether its good or bad..and fighting of course is bad so its not good for them or anyone at that...

Best Answer

Good answer

Best Answer

No

Best Answer