US politicians consider firing squads after Dennis McGuire execution --- http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-18/us-states-consider-firing-squads-after-dennis-mcguire-execution/5206712
chocomint chocomint 51-55, F 18 Answers Jan 18 in Politics

Oh, you are relating to that Ohio execution where a new drug combination was used. This was brought to national attention by the criminal's defense lawyer.<br />
Here's the way I see it: <br />
First they administered him a sedative-anesthesia, then they administered the drugs to stop his breathing and stop his heart rate. Yes the body was reacting to asphyxia, but the man was unconscious.<br />
I am more concerned about the pain and suffering of that criminal's victim, and its family and loved ones.<br />
Actually, if the cost of death DID include a little more suffering on the part of the executed person, it would be fine by me. In addition, I would personally prefer that the criminal be executed with as much or more pain and suffering that (usually) he inflicted on his victim.<br />
Of course, many bleeding heart types are going to disagree with my reply; that's okay, because I stand by my original reply. I don't need anyone else trying to legislate how I feel.<br />
Cheers,<br />
AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

Thank you, Mr. Puck, for hearting my reply. Cheers, ABC

Best Answer

I have no problem with the death penalty, But spending 20-30 or more years in jail more of a punishment?

Best Answer

Murderers don't deserve easy deaths. Most of them were monsters who tortured their victims. I say let the punishment fit the crime.

Best Answer

A single .32acp to the back of the head will do the job virtually instantly, cost about $0.25 tops and the family can still have an open coffin funeral.

Best Answer

I've got a good idea. Being were a nation ba<x>sed on Christian principles, lets Crucify 'Em!

Best Answer

Whatever is cheapest.

Best Answer

Starvation

Best Answer

:).......might end up bothering the men that have to do the shooting. How about the victims family???!!!

Best Answer

As long as they keep finding people on death row who weren't guilty in the first place, there shouldn't be ANY executions in my opinion.

Best Answer

Dear God, glad to see theirs one human left with a sense of humanity!

Best Answer

It should be an option.

Best Answer

Or something more entertaining like a real hunger games but the prisoner just gets to live in jail at the end

Best Answer

An eye for an eye.

Best Answer

I figure maybe we could get them really loaded on smack and then give em a hot shot. They would go out feeling really good, probably go to the table with no fuss at all,

Best Answer

America is a barbaric nation. It's the only first world democracy to execute people. This question is stupid because it's like asking: should we kill someone with this barbaric method or that one. Either way the US is a violent nation.

Best Answer

nah, don't even waste a bullet on their azzes.<br />
just throw them in solitary and ignore them completely (for at least 30 days) and then go and clean the cell and toss whatever is left of them into the dumpster.

Best Answer

Yay humanity!

Best Answer

exactly. many of these murders rape, slash throats, kill children, shoot 20 people. they don't deserve a damn thing.

Best Answer

But what about the cases where the person coulda been wrongfully convicted?

Best Answer

Are the brutal and inhumane deaths of innocent people worth torturing others?

Best Answer

If it were up to me, I'd introduce a full spectrum of punishments. Modern civilization, in a commendable but bleeding heart attempt to create a humane justice system, has become soft and ineffective in dealing with the uncivilised.<br />
Keep all the modern civility, I say, keep all slaps on the wrist, the community service orders, the rehab, the juvenile detention, but include a new tiered system for repeat offenders of serious crimes, the repeat thieves, armed robbers, rapists, murderers. Imagine if all the executives of Enron had been flayed on the street, what changes would we have seen in all the corporate world by now? First few offences, civilised society tries to rehabilitate you, feed you, clothe you, coax you back to becoming part of civilisation. But if you prove you're not fit for civility through repeated transgressions, society should be able to deal with you in uncivilised ways, the old school ways which gave is greater generations, corporal punishments, public shaming, flogging, all the way up to slow deaths, staked on a hill, drawn and quartered, beheading. An once of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Best Answer

i think it is sodium pentathal . put to sleep . remove all useful part of the body . wake them . thank them for their donation . then put them back to eternal sleep ! why waste the good parts .

Best Answer

Potassium chloride is some nasty ****, 30 years in prison is enough

Best Answer